Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Blast From The Past

An old cat from Oklahoma breezed into town this weekend. KJ's girlfriend works as a rep for a company and she had a business call in KC. He made the trip too. Last time I saw him was 10 years or so ago when he and LMc came to visit Cowboy just before Halloween. That was after AJ's death, so their visit warmed the ole Cowboy's spirit for months to come. That weekend was a KC whirlwind, with the American Royal parade, symphony performance, visits to the key sites, haunted houses, dining, dancing, visiting. And lots of time having the three of them around petting and paying attention to me.

KJ, LMc, AJ and Cowboy volunteered at MDA Camp back in the day. I've heard wonderful stories of their great memories caring and taking care of others while learning so much about themselves. The four also went to OSU, although LMc started somewhere else and AJ ended up transferring and marrying. By the way, LMc and her youngest daughter visited in May. I don't really enjoy kids, so my time was mostly spent hiding and then smelling everything when they were away.

It's funny, when I was a young cat, I could entertain myself and play all day. The older I get, the more I miss having Cowboy around. Don't get me wrong, he works my last nerve. But I find myself missing him when he's not home and work hard to follow him from room to room when he is home.

As he's aged (and he is an old fart), I think Cowboy's become more that way too. He seems to play less and misses me more. Based on how thrilled he was to catch up with KJ, I think he misses his family and friends even more too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home