Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Be Strong Little Guy

I was going to try to stay away from writing about Katrina for a bit,
but I have to mention something about the animals. Folks truly thought they would be able to ride out the storm and then return home. How could anyone have imagined what was to happen?

James Lalande is a source in a Knight Ridder article. According to an article I saw, he refused to leave New Orleans without Charlie, his dog, and his two cats, Miranda and Babettes. photo by Travis Heying/Wichita Eagle

"I've never cried in my life, but the saddest thing in the world is when all night long you hear dogs crying; big dogs, little dogs, medium dogs," said Lalande, 62. "People left thinking they'd be gone two or three days, but now they can't come back and their pets are starving."

In his caption of his photo here, Travis Heying of the Wichita Eagle says this guy had been swimming and found a church window ledge to rest on for a bit. I admit, I am a loner. I don't enjoy having other cats around and for the most part find dogs fairly brainless. But I'd open my home in a minute for any of these guys. I'd kick Cowboy out of his bed (as I often do) to share with them.

Stories of the losses, heroes, silver linings and impact of this tragedy will be told for a long time.

2 Comments:

At September 09, 2005 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My people wanted to take in a pet but we birds Mr. Peppers and I do not want any other anamals in the house. We like it quiet and only noisy when Mr. Peppers has his singing sessions. We have had visitors of other anamals to the house before but they just watch us with hungry eyes. We do not like them looking at us when we are trying to take a nap. The people we live with are noisy enough. They keep on waking us up when it is dark outside just to tell us to go to bed under the cover. Mr. Peppers gets them back by singing extra loud very early on the weekends. He knows he got them when they yell to him to go back to sleep from the other room.

 
At September 09, 2005 8:59 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I remember coming over to your home once and found a nice comfy spot to nap inside your sofa. Do you remember?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home