Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

When You Care Enough

The stories of destruction are unbelievable. Hearing of having to sit nearby as others die is just heart aching. Reports of corpses floating in the flooded streets of New Orleans are unreal. Surely, this is not happening. Cowboy gets captivated and overwhelmed by all the news stories.

Last night the planes flew over our neighborhood while navigating to the Wheeler Downtown Airport. Children's Mercy Hospital officials in Kansas City arranged with politicians and the Missouri National Guard to transport 27 young patients from a New Orleans children's hospital to Kansas City. The ambulances were lined up awaiting their arrival. Their families arrived too. It's not the effort of all happening at Houston's Astrodome, but it is an effort. These children may end up long-time KC residents.

I often hide under the bed when I hear the roar of planes overheard. However, I'm glad these kids are safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home