Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Soup, Appetizer, Main Course

Some people feel they have to have it all. Especially when it comes to good Thai food at some neighborhood restaurant in a unique part of a city. Cowboy's eyes are bigger than his stomach and has to have a little of all - or sometimes a bunch of all. Also have to point out his stomach is really getting pretty darn big.

He tells me he shared dinner with Sargeant tonight. The discussion turned to one of her friends who adopted a little boy at 4 months. When the child was about 6, the friend became a single parent. The child is now 11 and Sargeant's friend is in a new relationship. All seems to be going well, but the X totally has vanished from the picture, sight unseen for several years now. Cowboy says he doesn't understand how someone can do that.

Sargeant asked Cowboy why he wants a child. He told me some of his reasons too. I'll list them below, with my response after the dash:
To carry on my name - I'll change my last name. Eponine Cowboy is not all that bad.
To leave a legacy - I'll talk about you for years to come.
To will things to - Believe me honey, I want all your money and will auction all that holiday garb.
To make sure someone visits my grave - I'd walk all over it, take a nap if the sun is shining.
To have a companion - What am I, chopped liver? (That actually sounds pretty good right now.)
To take to OSU sports events - I actually like the Jayhawks.
To hug and love - Even I can only take you in doses. At some point I have to take my shaggy tail to the other room. Do you understand "suffocation?"

Daily I do all I can to wake him earlier than he wants to get up. I told him any and every day he wants I also can be loud and mouth back, break rules and poop out of the box, do the opposite of everything he asks me to do, always beg for more money and treats, and drive him absolutely batty. Just don't ask me to play soccer or to take dance.

My recommendation to him: Just stick to the soup and appetizer and maybe share a main course. And for heaven's sake, stay away from the curry! It makes you gassy.

2 Comments:

At November 03, 2005 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Cowboy's musings make sense to me. Eponine, I just knew you liked the Jayhawks!

 
At November 04, 2005 9:06 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Rock Chalk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home