Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Abdominocentesis

Not even for sure what an abdominocentesis is, but I heard Cowboy on the phone telling someone it cost $45. He wasn't complaining, though. I heard him say he was going to do "whatever it takes."

I heard the vet, Dr. Hodgson, say he was surprised to withdraw 300 ccs of fluid from my belly. He even did x-rays. A first for me! Except I did not at all like it when they held me on my back for one x-ray. Unlike me, I was was very calm. But I feel so tired anyway. The only time I got jumpy and growled some is when those three big dogs walked through. They just jump around with their tongues hanging out and all excited. Take a chill pill, I say. There was a pretty girl, Melissa, I think, that kept petting my head, and another pretty girl petting my feet. My Cowboy seemed a little jealous.

You know, he asked the doctor if sleeping on the floor next to me was recommended. And the doctor said "Sure!" I wondered how much Cowboy was paying this quack. It's like I can't even get out of his sight for a minute. Geez.

I was very proud of Cowboy because he wasn't a blubbering idiot. I don't quite understand why sometimes he just breaks downs and boo-hoos like a ridiculous doof. Without a doubt I always can tell when his voice gets a little shaky and he's holding back. I try to remind him he's an educated, adult male. "Snap out of it!" I think to myself. If I had the energy I'd kitty paw him. I didn't see one tear, but I also know there were times he was in the patient room alone. I hope he was OK. He gets nervous when he's not with me all the time.

They gave me shots and other fluids. Said it would make me more "comfortable." It's weird, because I don't really know what's wrong with me. But I can tell something is. I overheard the doctor say something about disease, liver, tests, tumor, cancer. They all sound like scary words to me. We have to go back to the vet Saturday morning.

Well, I feel like hiding out in the closet for a bit. It's warm in there. Thanks everyone for everything. The blogosphere exudes your love.

5 Comments:

At December 16, 2005 9:09 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

Oh, Eppy, it makes me so sad that my first ever Secret Paw is sick. i wish there was something i could do to help. my Mom and i are sending as much good vibes and thoughts as we can rustle up out to you and Cowboy. please know we are thinking 'bout you.

 
At December 16, 2005 10:17 PM, Blogger WCTs said...

Best wishes to all of you...your blog is great.

Take care and get lots of cuddles!

Meow from,
The Whippy Curly Tails in the Toasty South!
=^..^=

 
At December 17, 2005 2:58 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Eponine and Cowboy:
I'll be thinking of you both today.

 
At December 17, 2005 9:07 PM, Blogger Puggyspice said...

Precious Eponine and your Cowboy: still thinking of you both and sending healing energy your way. I hope all these questions are answered soon, and that you are feeling much better.
Hugs and chin rubs...

 
At December 17, 2005 11:31 PM, Blogger Myst and Blackie said...

Eppy & Cowboy... we hope the vet has all the right answers for you both. We sending purrayers out to you both. Take care of wach other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home