Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Honoring Legends

Homeless snow dude in Dupont CircleIf you get a chance, be sure to watch The Kennedy Center Honors. The show airs Dec. 27, 2005 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CBS. This year's honorees are Tina Turner, Robert Redford, Tony Bennett, Suzanne Farrell and Julie Harris. The show includes much fanfare and tradition, and always provides fantastic chronologies of each of the honorees about their lives/careers/influences.

The ceremony was taped earlier this month from D.C.'s Kennedy Center. It was one of my favorite spots to visit when I interned in D.C. in 1985. I have fond memories of my visits to the Center, seeing shows, learning about artistic stuff, lunches on the rooftop overlooking the Potomac, and enjoying the view of Virginia sites and seeing the National Cathedral in the distance. I'm sure the show will include some great shots of D.C. sites. National Christmas Tree in front of the U.S. CapitolJust a few weeks ago I was in D.C. and snapped this photo above (and the other of the snow dude) of the Capitol and National "Tree." I think this is the "Christmas" one, while the National "Holiday Tree" was in front of the White House. The latter was surrounded by smaller trees representing each state and territory. It pleased me to see Oklahoma's decorations came from an elementary school in Norman and Missouri's decorations from a place in Lee's Summit. And I smiled when I saw the Indianola Clever Kids 4-H Club took care of Nebraska's.

5 Comments:

At December 27, 2005 2:31 PM, Blogger Spock said...

I like the snow dude myself!

 
At December 27, 2005 5:53 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Yup, mummy says we gotted by done in time with everything else so we can watch the show. Never miss it.

Derby

 
At December 27, 2005 6:03 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

My Ep always watched it with me! She liked the dancing the most.
- E's C

 
At December 28, 2005 7:49 AM, Blogger craziequeen said...

"..Tina Turner's sizzling talent and indomitable spirit has made her one of the world's best-loved entertainers."

oh yeah - she da BOMB!! :-)

Enjoy your show :-)

cq

 
At December 28, 2005 11:08 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

It was very enjoyable! Tina seemed most moved, I thought. However, our President Bush seemed as if he was wishing he could be anywhere else but there! He seemed just a little bored. It was funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home