Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

A Special Day

Years ago, I remember receiving one of those "forward this within 7 minutes to 10 people and you'll get a wish" e-mails that had a story about a man who had given his wife a scarf as a birthday gift. I might have the details wrong, but I recall some of this story.

It was a very nice, silk, fancy scarf. But she never wore it. He'd ask her why and she always replied that it was such a nice scarf, she was saving it for a special day. She soon was diagnosed with cancer and after a long battle, she passed away. As her husband sorted through the dresser drawers, he came across the scarf. He made sure she finally wore it.

The moral of the story was that we should celebrate every day. Don't hold on to something waiting for a special day, because that day is today. Not just Christmas, your birthday, Valentine's Day, or four-legged creature day. Every day can and should be special. Wear that awesome scarf!

The story made sense to me because I'm infamous for buying things while on work trips or out and about and keeping a stash to give to loved ones when the birthday arrives or for Christmas. Or just when I'm thinking of them. Giving is fun for me.

In November, I attended a wedding/reception in Norman, Okla. While also visiting nearby Oklahoma City during that weekend, I came across an awesome orange leather cat collar with the OSU school brand. The shop's clerk told me I had seven days to return it in case it was too big, too small, etc.... I wasn't certain if the monster would like this heavy, leather collar, so she immediately tried it on when I arrived home. It fit like a charm and looked fantastic. I tried to hold it hostage saying "if she was a good girl she'd get it for Christmas." But she insisted that it looked so good she should not have to wait and should be able to wear it from then on. Of course, she won the debate.

That was a special day! Sometimes we celebrate with treats, with moist food, with pics out in the snow or smelling the air, a cuddle while lying in bed, with a scratch behind the ear or with a loud and big purr. There's all kinds of ways to celebrate. But celebrate. Each day is special.

This weekend, my family will be celebrating Christmas. If it's Christmas or whatever holiday you might be celebrating, I am hoping it includes fun times with friends and family, some joyful moments, and a few head butts from a furry friend.

(Written by Eponine's Cowboy)

4 Comments:

At December 21, 2005 7:52 AM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

you are so right. in honor of Eppy, we're going to open our Secret Paw present today instead of waiting for Christmas. and we will say a prayer for her and light a candle tonight.

 
At December 23, 2005 3:35 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Eponine is a very wise poodie. I'm sure she is sharing her wisdom over the bridge with all the other loved ones who have moved on yet still watch over us.

~Merlin, Shadow, KO KO

PS Our Mom was born in NOrman, OK she said

 
At December 24, 2005 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From Norman to Hawaii! No way?! Does your mom ever go back to Norman? I bet her parents were in the military or in college. Maybe?

Thanks for being so nice to Eponine.

Edsel - glad you opened your presents!

 
At December 24, 2005 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote the comment above and forgot I wasn't logged in.
- Ep's Cowboy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home