Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Surrounded By Friends

Bear was my traveling partner from Tulsa to KC this past Monday, the day after Christmas. All 8-pounds of this Yorkie were a welcomed treat on the roadtrip. He was staying with his great granny (my mother) while my niece was away to North Carolina visiting her mother (my sister) and family. Ton, the niece, found a fare about $250 cheaper roundtrip from KC to NC. Plus she got to see the Uncle (moi).

I decided Bear should greet her plane and then make the 4-hour return drive with her back to Tulsa. He likes to travel and loves sticking his head out the window, but the 75-mile-per-hour (or more) gushes were a bit much for him. He quickly retreated. He preferred the AC vent and did like checking out the toll-booth guy.

Friday night, Dec. 23, Sexy Lady came by with Daphne and Christmas treats in tow. And later The Sailor stopped by. They shared stories about Tucker and Buster. Two great companions that were greatly loved and are missed. Sailor said when he lost Buster, he thought the whole world hated him. Grief is a strange thing.

Once arriving in Norman on Christmas Eve, I was greeted by the 5-pound Muffy at JMc's and Gene's. If put in a chair, Muffy doesn't have the courage to jump. She ends up staying in the chair all day. She doesn't have accidents either. She'll run around outside and then'll come inside to purposefully (according to JMc) take care of business. She did hump my leg once too.

JMc, Muffy and I talked, walked around the yard, and visited Vincent's grave. He was an incredible Brussels Griffon. Vincent shared their home for many years. His grave is marked by a huge Saint Francis. JMc stresses some because they are building a new home.

Molly, Charlene and Cookie provided entertainment at the home of The Artist, The Wife, O & M. They were each all excited about fun items from Santa. Tigger hopped around with his Christmas scarf and bells at VMc and RMc's home. Generally he avoided Mace and Chap (6 and almost 2-year-old kids). Tigger is getting pretty old and last summer took on a lawn mower.

Uncle Bill and I sat outside and visited some about the poodle he and his wife had. They swore they would never have another. About 20 years later, they now have Bullet. They "borrowed" him from their niece. He's an orange poodle who thinks he's the OSU Spirit Horse. Oh, I forgot, Bullet was running around with Tigger.

Eddy, Cow, Pudgy, Baby (cat), Baby (dog), Rocky, Spot and some other canine greeted me at Mom's. Many were guests, like me, but all were welcome at Mom's for Christmas. Only once did I get teary eyed.

Obviously, I'm surrounded by animal folks. I think much can be said about me by the company I keep.

20 Comments:

At December 28, 2005 6:27 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Hey, you went right past me in Oklahoma! If I had known, I would have met you to give you hugs; one for you and one for Eponine (yes, I really believe she's in Heaven, waiting for you).
I know it's hard. I had a cat I still miss all these years later. Please know I'm still praying for you.

 
At December 28, 2005 6:38 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

I think 'animal folks' are cool - so much to give :-)

You're in with the right crowd, Cowboy :-)

cq

 
At December 28, 2005 7:20 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

animals and the people who love them are the best (at least I think so!)

 
At December 28, 2005 8:25 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

You are never truly alone. Eppy is watching down on you, we kits know these things. Sounds like you had a nice time. Special kitty cuddles to you Cowboy.

 
At December 28, 2005 11:31 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Kat - Are you in Owasso? I think I've seen your hometown on your blog, but I have forgotten.

cq - I agree. Animal folks are amazing. I also think I saw a post on your blog awhile back about Charlie becoming a surfer dude. But now I can't find it. Was that you? If so, will you send me the link?

Ditto, Edsel!!

Last night, I swear I kept hearing Ep's bell from her collar. Once I thought I heard her purr. You're right, Patches Lady, I feel Ep, but I still miss her so!!

 
At December 29, 2005 3:46 AM, Blogger Kat said...

No, but near there. I've moved since I first visited your blog.

 
At December 29, 2005 4:29 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

cq - I found your post that I ask about above! - ec

 
At December 29, 2005 6:27 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Mom has a friend in London who saw a double rainbow when her Harriet went to the bridge!

Grieve not,
nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk of me
as if I were beside you..
I Loved your so........
'twas Heaven here with you.
~Isla Paschal Richardson~

Mom has a Rainbow Bridge page if you want to add Eppy to it.
http://thecalicogirls.com/rainbowbridge.htm

 
At December 30, 2005 3:26 AM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Cowboy? Would you like another cat? My surferdude kitten has turned into the Terminator!

My poor Christmas Tree.....

cq

 
At December 30, 2005 10:23 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

My Ep was so calm and nonchalant about all. It's like she always "let me do stuff" like decorating for the holidays, have plants, etc.... She never touched a thing. Just watched.

I know the good Lord is going to have a terror find me in the future, who's going to challenge me to no end. And I'm going to love just the same!

Is it your surfdude? Can he surf the ocean?

 
At December 30, 2005 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes Cowboy, the next fur baby that finds you will be a terror - and I find it's usually in inverse proportion to the calmness of the previous one. LOL

 
At December 30, 2005 12:00 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

It's cool knowing that terror just might be out there somewhere waiting for me to cross his path.

 
At December 30, 2005 1:12 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

yep - fate is a wonderful thing.

We had discussed a kitten and decided charlie was a good name, and it would be a rescue one.

Two weeks later, I heard about this rescue kitten called Charlie.
Well - we took him! :-)

cq

 
At December 30, 2005 2:17 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

It's us who are the lucky ones!

 
At December 30, 2005 4:46 PM, Blogger Chatham said...

When my Cat Couch goes to her parents' house, sometimes she sees Hagar, her ol' cat, out of the corner of her eye. He's been gone a long time now, but she still thinks of him.

Thinking and purring of you ~

 
At December 31, 2005 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's time like now. I can't explain. 3 in the morning and I having a huge aniexty attack. I miss my little monster so much.

 
At December 31, 2005 4:07 AM, Blogger Boni said...

Aw. I'd sit on you and purr if I could get there, Cowboy. Maybe you can come visit and we'll all purr for you. Not the same, but maybe it'd be a little not do sad. Lotsa purrs and headbutts to you in my thoughts. :)

 
At December 31, 2005 1:35 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

We are all here for you! Three girls sending purrs to Cowboy and to Eppy in kitty heavens.......

 
At December 31, 2005 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We know you miss her. Dude.
*pugly snorts and sniffles*

Thinking of you. I hope happy memories of your sweet Eppy are of some comfort to you as the new year begins.

 
At January 02, 2006 11:31 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

You are very loved now, Charlie!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home