Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Medicine

DaphneDaphne has been staying with me this weekend. Sexy Lady and Army Boy took off to Oklahoma for a concert. Knowing that I've been a little on the lonely side lately, they decided to have this beast hang out at Cowboy's.

We've had a really good time. She's full of love and is an attention seeker and treat lover. She likes to cuddle and demands to sleep under the blanket. When she goes out to take care of business she likes to run around the yard barking. Like she's letting everyone know who's in charge. She doesn't have a fenced yard at her place, so I think it's been a new sense of "freedom." Speaking of which, we did have one incident of me running down the street hollering and chasing to catch her when I forgot that the garage door was open.

We've gone for walks and running around the back yard. On Sunday, it was gorgeous in Kansas City. We even went to Rolling Acres to visit Eponine's grave. We took a long stroll. Daphne couldn't resist jumping in the pond and checking out the ducks. She's one of those dogs that stretches a leash to its end. The human holding the leash is only delaying and hindering her expedition.

Daphne wondering why the grass looks greener on the other side of the fenceI think her visit is just what the doctor would have ordered. She heads home Monday.

9 Comments:

At January 16, 2006 9:32 AM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

it's good to have company! could she maybe visit again?

 
At January 16, 2006 12:19 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

she's very cute - for a woofie. We're glad it helped you a little.

 
At January 16, 2006 4:45 PM, Blogger Boni said...

Company is good. I'm glad yall had fun! Hope you didn't have to chase her far when the garage door was open.

 
At January 16, 2006 8:02 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

She looks like the doggie our dad had when he was young (he's old now...) Sparky was black though.

 
At January 17, 2006 6:07 PM, Blogger Meg said...

What a little cutie! The boys would love her.

 
At January 17, 2006 9:12 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

For a woofie, Daphne sure acted like a cat to me. She was very good company. However, Eppy never snuggled under the blankets while in bed, so that was a new experience!

Do you think the boys would eat her? Next visit, let's go to the leash free zone. Or just to my back yard even.

I bet I could even go to borrow her when I'd like.

 
At January 18, 2006 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my baby girl!! She is adorable huh? After losing Tucker (age 15)this little "woofie" has certainly filled a void in my heart. Thank you Cowboy for watching our Daphne... she had a wonderful time with you and is anxiously awaiting her next visit!

 
At January 18, 2006 9:18 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Glad that void is filled! And thanks for letting Daphne stay with me. I look forward to her next visit.

 
At January 20, 2006 11:42 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Cat lovers, appreciators and sisters of army boys or and other relatives always are welcome! Thanks for stopping by and taking a moment to comment. Hope you'll stop by again.

Having to have to have a funeral broke my heart. But the overall experience was very peaceful.

Your sympathies are appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home