Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Test Drive

Sorry that I haven't updated. Have been super busy. Trying now to get home chores done before tackling the road. Haven't made it out to Wayside Waifs yet. Still hoping to get out there today.

Two boys are hanging out with me right now. Casper and Max. They are orange and white, about 10 months old. A co-worker of MegMacB has been fostering the duo. I e-mailed the foster parents and this morning it was decided to have the boys stop by for a visit and to hang out a few hours.

Click for story about Mr. PeeblesMax is very inquisitive and very captivated with the human toilet. Almost interrupted me midstream (sorry for the details). Something Epster never gave a second thought about. He's a lap cat and requires attention. Casper is more of a spook (thus, the name), and has spent the last hour mostly hiding in the laundry room. However, I did see him wandering around a bit ago. They are both long and bigger than my monster. They are wrestlers too. Both are awfully cute.

Not certain I could handle two. A moment ago Max was hopping on the coffee table and I slipped and called him Eponine. I wonder if these guys would even have a desire to blog? I made the foster mom and dad promise they'd come back by early afternoon to pick them up. Still want to check out Doc and a few others before making any decision.

Check out Mr. Peebles. According to the University of Missouri Vet School magazine, it was thought that this 3.1-pound creature was "the runt of the litter." Then it was determined he's actually two years old and fully grown. MU's article says that in the summer of 2005, Guinness officially presented the "Smallest Living Domestic Cat" World Record to Mr. Peebles, replacing the previous record holder, Itse Bits, who weighs about 3.3 lbs., depending on whether he had just eaten.

These two might hold world records, but I bet neither of these cats have blogs.

11 Comments:

At January 21, 2006 3:39 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

woo hoo! A playdate!!

And don't worry about the name thing - I constantly call Charlie Ambrose.....[sheepish grin]

cq

 
At January 21, 2006 5:10 PM, Blogger Chatham said...

wow, that Mr. Peebles is a wonder!

 
At January 21, 2006 6:06 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

My mom thought she couldn't get a snuggly cat like me 'cause Bonnie cat's an 8-year old grump. But when I saw Mom, I grabbed her and snuggled her and purred over her protests. I *knew* I just had to adopt her. You'll know when the right kittie chooses you.

 
At January 21, 2006 7:41 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Glad you had a playdate. I hope the dynamic duo didn't tear your house apart too much! As cq said, don't worry about the name thing - I am constantly calling either one of the Meezers Ralph. Then again, each of the has specific traits that Ralph had, so I get confused sometimes. - Meezers Mom

 
At January 21, 2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Max said...

Two cats are less work, I think. Well, after they get out of the crackhead stage. I'm hoping Buddah gets out of that soon...

 
At January 21, 2006 9:09 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

mr. peebles sure is a weird little guy! but i still say "what's up doc?" 'cause Tuxies Rule and other kitties Drool!!! (not really, it just sounds good, but really tuxies and just the most 'xcellent kitties, just ask my Mom, she'll tell ya!)

 
At January 21, 2006 9:43 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I am so in love with Mr. Peebles.

But I'm sure you haven't thought twice about him what with Miss Oklahoma just bing crowned Miss America and all.

 
At January 22, 2006 1:38 AM, Blogger Boni said...

Having kitties over to play sounds fun. And I bet Casper and Max didn't mind you calling them Eponine. It's a compliment to them! Mom says she called Sanjee (who adopted her first) by Chloe's name on and off for a long time. Now she calls all of us by whoever's name. I hope you got to visit Doc too. He's very cute. Well of course he is, he's a tuxie! hehehe Mr. Peebles is so tiny! I could sit on him and not even notice hardly. Maybe we should email that clinic and ask if he blogs. Maybe he'd like to, if he doesn't already. *furry headbutts*

 
At January 22, 2006 12:59 PM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

Oh, Cowboy, don't you know all cats like to blog!!! Its a given......

 
At January 22, 2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Sometimes I call Scout "Buddah". Sometimes I call Shaggy "Chom Chom" sho was my childhood cat, plus, I mix up my kids & husbands names all the time! Then there are the 6 guinea pigs to keep straight. I really need a more functional brain. sss's mom

 
At January 22, 2006 11:40 PM, Blogger prairiesunshine said...

Mama gets us mixed up alla time cuz we looks almost the same. I'm just a itty bitty bit smaller, but in the dark or wiffout her glasses, sometimes we looks the same. Course now that Angel has no hair on her legs, its a bit easier to tell us apart cuz I still have hair.

Mr. Peebles is cute. He should have a bloggie too.

luv Taz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home