Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Who Needs Thumbs?

Watched some of the Rose Bowl parade Monday morning and couldn't believe the rain. First time to rain on the parade in more than 50 years. But that's nothing compared to the danger many are facing. With the ongoing rain, floods and related matters, it's a scary situation.

The wild fires in Oklahoma and neighboring states are worrisome. I've talked to Mom and a few others. All I know report being fine. But the flames are raging on. Kat, I trust it is not threatening northeastern Oklahoma. Very scary.

A few years ago I fell in the tub and broke four ribs. I heard the cracking. There I was lying half in the shower, half out, soap still on me, naked and in pain. I didn't have on my glasses but within a few seconds my blurry sight could make out my Eponine's form rushing through the bathroom door. She likely heard the thud and my choice words upon impact. She was checking on me. She even licked my hand as I pulled myself out to the floor. She comforted me.

It was after this that I decided she needed to learn to dial 911. We tried it some, but she never mastered it. She had a hard time leaving me to go to the phone.

Tommy figured it out. Thanks, Kat, for sending me this link. I hope it inspires many little monsters to learn a new trick!

5 Comments:

At January 03, 2006 1:21 AM, Blogger Boni said...

I always check on my Mom or Grandma or sisters if they make thumping or "choice words" sounds! Gotta make sure they're ok. That's a cool story and a very smart kitty. I've never used the phone. I thought it was just something to ignore because it makes an icky noise. Maybe I'll have to learn more about it tho.

 
At January 03, 2006 4:52 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Not yet, but it is where my mom lives (central Oklahoma).

 
At January 03, 2006 7:26 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Norton, Trixie, Sammy and Miles here! Mom finally helped us wif our blog. Sammy uses the phone all the time - every time it rings he brings it to mommy and tries to punch the buttons. He even knows how to turn off the 'larm clock in the morning.

 
At January 03, 2006 7:27 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

we saw that story too and wondered....i mean we kitties are smart, but dialing a phone????

 
At January 03, 2006 9:25 PM, Blogger prairiesunshine said...

Hi Cowboy. Mama tole me to write you cuz you signed our bloggie! We don't answer phones but Taz turns on the lamp, sometimes in the middle of the night! Sometimes Mama wakes up and the lamp is on. Or sometimes she's in bed reading and Taz turns it off. But I can't give her that much credit, it IS a touch lamp :O) But the brat seems to know that and knows when and when NOT to turn it on and off :O) She does EAT phones though.... If you've read her bloggie, you'd see she likes to try to eat EVERYTHING! When the phone rings, she goes up and chews on the cord while Mama talks on it.... Silly head!

Mama put all the Christmas tree pics on Taz's bloggie cause Taz has been showing off and climbing the tree. I saw you asked me where the tree pics were, so I came to let you know where they are. There are a few days worth cuz Taz climbs the tree a lot, but if you look on Dec. 23, you'll see some pretty up close piccies of the ornaments Taz wasn't POSED to touch, but she did anyhow. Then Mama moved them higher and Taz climbed even higher. Any higher and she's gonna fall outta the tree!

You can see them at http://www.tazmaniathedevil.blogspot.com/

Thanks for coming to see our blogs! We like to read your stories. Oh I forgot to say, we must be part Bengal too. Both me and Taz play fetch, we always have. In fact, I played it really loudly in the middle of the night recently and woke Daddy up. Usually Taz plays. We play fetch with toy mousies. Mama and Daddy throw them down the stairs.

Let us know if you get a kitty. I'm sure she'll luv you to bits.

Luv Angel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home