Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Location, Location, Location

click map for moreAnyone who has ever been to Washington, D.C. knows that the Metro system is an easy, economical and fast way to get essentially anywhere in the area. Visitors become tied to the various colored lines and know where to eat, drink, sleep based on which Metro stop it's closest to.

Back in 1985 when I interned in the U.S. capital city only a few of the lines were operational and they pretty much did not extend too much beyond the District's boundaries. Now there's talk the Metro eventually will extend to Dulles Airport and beyond. That's great. It's almost worth a trip to D.C. just to ride the Metro. You also can hop out at a few stops to check out a monument or historical site, people watch, and maybe even visit with a blogger.

Came across this cool Metro map that shows various blog sites according to their Metro stop. Click on the map here and then mouse over some of the stops. There's a whole slew of various blogs to visit. Haven't checked them all, but bet there's likely a D.C. cat bloggin'. Let me know if you discover one.

p.s. recently got hammered with about 60 housecleaning spam messages. Word verification is back on for now.

2 Comments:

At February 10, 2006 6:59 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Mum says she has been on this. The red lime to and from Rockville where her brother lives.

Plus, if you ever get to London, you can ride the "tube". Mum says that is more fun, longer, deeper in the ground AND sometimes above ground.

Mr. Cowboy, have you been picked yet?? I am sure there is a lonely little kittie who would love to snuggle with you.

 
At February 13, 2006 2:28 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I have never been to London. I sure want to visit sometime and travel on the Tube. A friend regularly goes to London as she flies for an airline and does the LaGuardia to Heathrow route.

I've been to France, Germany and The Czech Republic, as well as Mexico and Canada. Maybe I'll be able to put a check mark next to the UK on my list of places to visit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home