Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Private Dancer

Received a Blockbuster gift card as a Christmas gift and decided to treat myself with a Tina Turner dvd. Thought it would be the perfect traveling companion on a 2-plus-hour flight to Washington Reagan.

Picture it: We reach the cruising altitude, get the A-OK for electronic portable devices, and next thing you know Tina is coming out of the brief case, into the laptop and rolling down the river. A tiny bag of peanuts, a small cup of Diet Coke and Tina Turner - what more does a guy need for Valentine's Day?

It wasn't until "Private Dancer" that the flight attendant tapped me on my shoulder to ask me to turn down the volume. Ooops. Evidently, the ear phone thinga-ma-bob was not inserted all the way into the laptop. With the volume of course to the max level, it meant all within the next few rows on the small U.S. Airways flight also were enjoying them some Tina. I've always been known as a sharer.

Hope you are surrounded by much love and took an opportunity today to let someone know you care.

13 Comments:

At February 14, 2006 8:04 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

yea Tina! we were just glad to be in our cozy house on valentine's day. gettin' a little concerned 'bout all the birds and swans and gooses that are gettin' the flu. hope we'll all be okay. we lit a candle tonight to say hello to all the kitties who came before and included Eppy in our thoughts.

 
At February 14, 2006 8:11 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

You are so thoughtful, Edsel. Thank you.

I'll have to check the news about those birds you're talking about. Be careful and stay well.

Happy Valentine's Day to you!

 
At February 14, 2006 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! Sounds like something I would do, too. :-)

~ tammara

 
At February 14, 2006 9:18 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

happy valentine's day, cowboy!

 
At February 14, 2006 10:54 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I sure was having a good time, Tammara. The dvd is of videos and live performances. I was rocking out.

And to you too, Orlando! Hope your day was hoppy.

Amy, Very good to hear from you. I almost "tagged" you on the prior post. But your blog hasn't been updated. I wondered if you had vanished. Glad to know you're still out there. Hope you are doing well. Update when you can.

 
At February 15, 2006 7:08 AM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Always said you were a giving sort of man, Cowboy.....

and how could anyone complain about TINA??

 
At February 15, 2006 7:09 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Mommy went to the rainbow bridge site and lit a candle for all the kitties who came before too - just like Edsels Mommy. She included Eppy as well, so you and Eppy had many many speshul valentines wishes from efurryone.

 
At February 15, 2006 8:49 AM, Blogger Meg said...

Classic. I can just imagine it. Happy Valentine's day from me and The Boys.

Meg

 
At February 15, 2006 8:50 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

OMG! How hilarious! You humans have no idea how to master technology. Why do you think there are so many cat-bloggers out there?

Rolling down the river...

 
At February 18, 2006 4:04 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

hey Cowboy! How are you?

 
At February 19, 2006 7:20 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

You are so right, cq, why would anyone be complaining.

Meezers, will you send me a lik to the rainbow site for candles? By the way, I'm doing OK. Thanks for asking. It was sad and lonely coming home the other night from my work trip. I was tired.

I think you're right, Kukka-Maria. Maybe you cats can teach a techie class.

 
At February 26, 2006 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!! That was so funny! I would have totally sang along with her if I was in earshot. It's funny you should mention "Private Dancer" because that's the song I sing to Timmy every time I go in the kitchen. He follows me in and does his figure 8's expecting me to fill his crunchie bowl every time!! LOL! So now I've started to sing "I'm your private dancer...a dancer for crunchies...I'll do figure 8's just for you..."

 
At February 27, 2006 10:58 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Those are fantastic words for the song. I love it! Thanks so much for sharing that story. I will never hear that song/see that video the same way ever again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home