Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Brackets

Click here for Big 12 Tournament BracketIt's that time of year when college basketball fans across the U.S. obsess on "tournament action." It's a fun time, especially when games are close and exciting. It's always fun to watch an "upset victory" by some school none of us has ever heard of. Except for when they're beating your school.

My Eponine loved basketball time. She knew I was captive in front of the television. She'd watch me intently from the stairs or from the floor in front of the tv, coming up close for an occasional head rub. However, she hated my occasional outbursts, claps or screams when the good guys (Cowboys, of course) nailed a three-pointer or got called for a bad foul. She'd jump up and dash out of the room each time.

Dallas is the site for this year's Big 12 Conference Tournament. VMc, Ronda and I have been going to the Big 8/12 tournaments since 1992. I think OSU or OU has made it to the finals every year. At least it seems. I've been going longer than that, with my first in 1988. Always a fun time win or lose. The tournament has been in KC for many years, and returned last year. But this year and in 2003 and 2004 it was in Dallas. Next year will be in OKC.

Here's hoping the bounce of the ball, the ref's call, and the winning score goes your direction today. Regardless of the outcome, have fun!

7 Comments:

At March 09, 2006 2:17 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Although I am a Pitt grad and ever loyal to my team (yes, I live and die by Pitt's football season), I live in Western NY, and my dad is a Syracuse grad, so I am happy for his team.

 
At March 09, 2006 3:08 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Syracuse just won over No. 1 UConn! I'll never forget my Cowboys win over Pitt on our way to the Final Four a couple years back. Ep and I watched it together at home because I was too nervous to watch it anywhere else with others. She even had a special orange boa to wear that weekend!

When I was younger, I loved the Astros. My church group from small-town Oklahoma even went to the Astrodome for a game. It was amazing. Joe Sambito was my favorite player. Mostly because I thought his name was cool. I bet there was many a victory because of Edloe's support. Hey, if I can believe my special OSU boxers brings the team luck I'm sure Edloe's Astros watching helped too!

 
At March 09, 2006 9:48 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

Go 'Heels!

*my mom made me say that. we don't know what a heel is, 'xcept that part of her foot mom is always telling us to stay out from under.

 
At March 09, 2006 11:56 PM, Blogger Sanjee said...

I hope your team wins Cowboy. I don't know nothin about basketball. I do know what a basket is. I used to sleep in one. And I know what a ball is. I have one filled with catnip. So is basketball like when your catnip toy gets put in your bed? Whatever it is, go Cowboy's team!

 
At March 10, 2006 12:45 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Is it, "there was many a victory" or "there were many a victory"? Hmmm?

No way is your mom a 'Heels fan, Bat & Bandit. Now, those folks are some crazy basketball fanatics! Rightfully so, too.

Yes, Sanjee, you are very close to describing basketball. Thanks for the support. The team plays some crazy red and blue birds called Jayhawks on Friday night. Sure hope they can win.

 
At March 11, 2006 12:54 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

sorry your team lost last night cowboy. :-(

 
At March 13, 2006 12:51 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Had a great time at the tournament, though. Good times with good folks. Someone always has to lose too.

Now, it's getting back to the grind stone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home