Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

You're My Angel

Came home the other day to find this little figurine in my box. A pleasant surprise. It is from Joyce. Although I haven't seen her in almost 20 years, Joyce always has been a mentor, coach, leader, inspiration, guider, and friend.

During my four or so years in Stillwater (it took me a little longer than others), I was totally a nerd and spent more time in church than I ever did at bars or partying. Joyce was the director of college programs at the church I attended. Good ol' UHBC. I loved that church. I learned much from that community. I still apply a great deal of that in my life even today.

I've done my best to always send Joyce a birthday greeting each February. In this year's note, I mentioned losing Ep. Just a few days after sending off her card this item arrived. This Willow Tree Angel is titled "With affection ... I love our friendship!"

12 Comments:

At March 30, 2006 8:25 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

My mom collects angels - especially Willow Tree angels. I gave her this one after her cat Scooter went to the bridge. How strange is that? - Meezers Mom

 
At March 30, 2006 1:53 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

How very thoughtful of your friend.

 
At March 30, 2006 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little figurine - and what a very special friend.

 
At March 30, 2006 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to get this one! I bought the one with the angel sitting with her kitty after my Charcoal died. It makes my eyes well up when I see it, because it represents several little kitties to me now. How very sweet of Joyce to send you this!
~ tammara

 
At March 30, 2006 8:17 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Oh Cowboy. That is very pretty and very touching. You have a good friend there.

 
At March 30, 2006 9:22 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

our mom has one like that that is sitting holding a kitty and another one with no kitty. that was very nice of your old friend to send you this to remind you of eppy.

 
At March 30, 2006 11:54 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Meezer's Mom-This same angel? That's cool. Joyce wrote in her note that I should paint the cat to more closely resemble my Ep, but I think I like it how it is.

William, Sue, and Derby-Joyce sure has been/is a good friend. I'm very lucky in so many ways.

LTC/Tammara-The one you describe sounds like the same one maybe that B&B's mom has. I'm going to have to try to find it. Do you know the name of it?

 
At March 31, 2006 10:27 AM, Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

I have that same figurine!! I love all of the figures in the Willow Tree collection.

~becca

 
At March 31, 2006 9:41 PM, Blogger Amy in NC said...

My Mom has one of those. Her Mom gave it to her since the cat has grey fur like me. Mom likes it lots.

~Knightly

 
At April 01, 2006 12:52 AM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

mom says it's the angel of kindness. she's been retired, though, so check ebay.

 
At April 02, 2006 10:08 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Becca-Do you have several of the Willow Tree angels? They are really cool. I have two - both were gifts. I might have to look for the "Angel of Kindness." Thanks for the lead Bat, Bandit & Amy.

Knightly-Now I'm going to think of you each time I look at my figurine!

 
At April 03, 2006 10:37 PM, Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

Cowboy, that's the first one that I got (as a gift). I just like the look of all of them. I might have to start buying more though.

~Becca

 

Post a Comment

<< Home