Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Blown Away

Tornado sirens were sounded last night in Oklahoma City. A few people in my group were attending from D.C. and other places east, making their first trips to Oklahoma. They certainly were welcomed by their first tornado experience. It also sure made me feel at home. Although I grew up somewhat accustomed to possible threatening weather, it is still unsettling when the sirens first start to blare.

About 1 a.m. Tuesday morning the hotel alarm sounded. At first I thought it was weather related, but then heard a recorded message indicating "a fire has been detected in the building..." Wasn't certain if I should quickly evacuate in my OSU boxers or put on something else. Also debated on if I should grab the laptop and other items. I stood at the closet door studying my clothes trying to decide the most suitable fire escape attire and then heard the alarm stop.

The State FFA Convention was taking place in OKC. The hotel was full of high schoolers clad in blue coats. Evidently one of those students decided to hang a blue coat from the fire sprinkler thingie. Reportedly, there was water coming out of the room and on most of that floor. That caused the alarm to sound.

Somehow still got up at 6:20 and at meetings by 8. Exhausted tonight, though.

3 Comments:

At April 26, 2006 7:47 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Yikes. Such an eventful trip to Oklahoma! You'll need a vacation when you get back!

 
At April 26, 2006 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sported a blue jacket myself back in the day... if you could even imagine! ha!

 
At April 26, 2006 10:24 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I think I need a vacation regardless!

You a blue coater? I can't even imagine. Can you still do the creed?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home