Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

I Yippee Yi OK

In Oklahoma for meetings. Much is being discussed and determined. Head back to Kansas City, Missouri on Tuesday. Was excited that work actually brought me to my home state instead of some other part of our great country.

Staying in downtown Oklahoma City. Only a few blocks from the Oklahoma City National Memorial. Just last week a memorial took place to recall that tragic attack already 12 years ago.

Like many American downtowns, OKC is experiencing a boom. Read recently that OKC is one of the top resurging downtowns. I bet if a person was to decide to get married when young and then decide never to fall in love and marry again as long as they live, they likely (hypothetically) would get married in downtown OKC and then likely would have a reception in a downtown hotel. Probably even across the street from where I am staying now. You never know!

At a dinner tonight at a home that once was a home for Oklahoma governors and now is the home of a lady with political ambitions, I sat next to a very nice lady from Little Rock, Arkansas. It didn't take long before she was telling me about her two-year-old cat. I was very proud that I could share the story of my little monster while staying "with it." I also learned her dad's mom is likely the sibling to Sexy Lady's grandpa. Crazy, small world we live in.

Oh, and I don't think Rodgers and Hammerstein wrote it like the natives sing it.

5 Comments:

At April 25, 2006 7:31 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Wow. Has it been 12 years already? That means I have been back here in western NY for a little over 12 years. Where does the time go? Glad you got to go to your home state for a visit. It is a small world - when we moved to NJ when I was a teenager, we moved right next door to someone my mother had known from her small PA town of only 5,000. How weird.

 
At April 25, 2006 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe all my Grandpa's sisters are dead?! Good try. ;)

 
At April 25, 2006 1:12 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I'm sure they are. But that doesn't mean they weren't related does it?

 
At April 26, 2006 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, okay... your sighting was valid... I checked with Sexy Grandma and she confirmed that your new friend is indeed our kin! S*M*A*L*L W*O*R*L*D!!! And if it were to happen it would be you Cowboy who discovered someonee from my family tree!!

 
At April 26, 2006 10:38 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Where were you before NY, Meezers? I think the key to "discovering" our small world is to not be afraid to get to know people. To talk, interact, meet people, listen, and get to know the person right next to you. We only pass through this world but once.

You are so funny, Sexy Lady.

Just to try to recap: We're talking, visiting and the lady sitting next to me tells me she grew up in western Kansas and had visited Kansas City quite a bit.
Me: Where? Test me. Goodland? Great Bend?
Her: Oh, you know western Kansas, huh? Well, I grew up in Ellis.
Me: Ellis. No way? You wouldn't happen to know the Sexy Folks?
Her: Know them? I am a Sexy Folk.
Me: You're kidding me?
Her: What are the names of Sexy Lady's parents?
Me: You had to ask. I can't remember since you asked. Mr. and Mrs. Sexy Folk.
Her: I'm sure we're related.
Me: I thought of it, it's R & K.
Her: Oh. R is ... lemme see ... I need to write it down ... My dad is B and B's Mom is Emma Sexy Folk. Her husband was Fred. R Sexy Folk's dad, I'm sure, is Emma Sexy Folk's brother.
Me: Well that settles it. There really are only six degrees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home