Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Keep In Touch

Called my sister in Santa Fe the weekend of the Final Four NCAA basketball games. She's not a big follower of college basketball, so I wanted to bring to her attention Coach Larranaga of George Mason University. His last name is not too common and is the same as my sister's.

While talking with sis, I mentioned I was Phoenix bound. She then reminded me that we have a cousin in Phoenix. A cousin I haven't seen or talked to in more than 20 years. The last time I clearly remember seeing him I was maybe in 8th or 9th grade and he was headed to college. He lived in El Paso and was headed to Minnesota for undergrad and eventually med school. He divided his trip with a stopover with my family in northeastern Oklahoma.

Some expert google searching led me right to a phone number for Cousin Charlie. Although we didn't get to see each other face-to-face, we did have a nice long phone conversation and got caught up on many happenings. He just celebrated his 46th birthday, is a doctor, has three kids and one on the way with a new wife, and seems generally happy. After his mother's death several years back, he says he has a new and different relationship with his father. He also reported his 14-year-old regularly states "you're ruining my life, Dad." I bet he's doing a super job rearing her.

I am glad he and I took the opportunity to get to know each other. I think we discovered that we have more in common than our abuelita and moms that are sisters. Of course, we made promises to not be a stranger.

Are you familiar with the "Six Degrees of Separation" theory? After visiting with my cousin I pondered this theory and wondered if "blogging" connects us even more. Is my cousin a physician to your niece? Is my sister in Santa Fe teaching your pre-K child? Is my sister in North Carolina your best friend? Are you a letter carrier taking my Easter Card to my mother? You never know!

Another reminder! If you have or even if you haven't, you must visit Caturday for wonderful pictures of Ramona and Harper. You truly are missing out if you don't go to see them.

4 Comments:

At April 11, 2006 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes I believe blogging will get everyone closer and have often wondered if Daphne's birth parents will see her on your blog? What if they would want her back? Now I'm having anxiety! Nay, not really, I wish I could meet them and know more about her... age, fixed or not fixed? did she have siblings? did she actually get lost or was she dumped? I'm just happy she found her way to Army Boy and they found me!!

 
At April 11, 2006 2:08 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

It is with great pleasure that Her Majesty invites you to the first Royal Blog Party at Craziequeen’s Palace on Thursday 13 April, commencing at 10pm BST (British Summer Time).

 
At April 11, 2006 2:54 PM, Blogger Chatham said...

Chatham's Cat Couch here: The other day I was doing some research on a local artist who died about ten years ago. I found a website about him by his great-nephew. Reading further, I discovered that this nephew's sister lives in my town: her daughter was in my daughters' preschool class and her husband is the surgeon who removed my gall bladder last year. Small world!!

Also, in my own blogging circle, one of our blogger friends turned out to have worked with my mom's cousin years ago.

 
At April 12, 2006 1:26 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

That would be fascinating to learn her history, Sexy Lady. I wonder what Daphne's name was before. I bet you could go to court to sue for custody. I'd be a character witness for you.

CQ-the pressure to figure out when 10 pm BST is in good ol' KC. I think it is 4 p.m. I'll confirm. The new camera phone has a world clock. Cool!

CCC-I guess as Disney would say, "it's a small world after all." And to top it all off, you no longer have a gall bladder!! :) It's funny, in blogging we feel so anonymous. But by blogging, more people actually kind of know us.

Also want to mention that I think it's great that you are a cat couch. What a great thing to be. That's awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home