Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Raucousness And Revelry

MegMacB & The BoyzWith The Boyz again visiting, I recalled I never posted a few pics from their first overnight to Cowboy's. From the pics, I think you'll note good times were had.

This past Wednesday morning they proceeded to do some major digging. They mostly dug around in fresh dirt I had put out to fill holes and in other places during my recent yard/lawn effort. I determined the only option I had was to take a bowl of water out on the deck in order to dip each foot. They seemed to not know what to think as I sloshed each paw around a few times before drying it off and then finally letting them dash into the house.
Ready to come inside
Random games of tag are obvious when they are in the yard. It's a blast to watch. I want to point out that I have pin oak trees, which keep their leaves through the winter and shed them in the spring. Thus, all the leaves. As a matter of fact, these are the leaves that Daphne and I raked up just a week or so again and led to the poison yucks outbreak.

This visit has been marked by unseasonably warm weather in Kansas City. Both Thursday and Friday it was near 90 or above. The Boyz don't seem bothered by the higher temperatures, but I still worry about them. We've been sitting outside on the deck for dinner. They also eat more if I stay with them.
George and Stanley
George and StanleyGeorge and StanleyToday I discovered that George loves water from the hose. He jumps and does all he can to "catch" the flow of the water. It is hysterical. Stan prefers to run from the water. George also likes to completely cover himself when sleeping. I swear, he holds his little blanket up, backs into it and then pulls it over his head. Now, I do worry a little because his little knee evidently is bothering him. I see him limping. I hope he's OK.

Overall, they are two really good guys. I'd even go as far to say they are gentlemen. They don't argue when I ask them to go into their little kennels, they are very loving and appreciative, and they are good companions. It's clearly evident why Meg loves them so much. They might be beggers and treat whores, but nonetheless good guys.

The Artist, Wife, O & M showed up today on their way to Moberly, Missouri to visit the Wife's family for Easter. The girls (O is 5, M is 2-and-a-half) fell in love with The Boyz. I even heard O say she wished she could be a Boston Terrier. At first she said she liked George best, but later said Stan was her favorite because he's cuter. Being her fave likely is a pretty stiff competition.

Stan's a licker. O & M's little girl faces are just exactly at the right level for maximum licking. The girls laugh and try to escape the ravage, 20-foot long Stan tongue. O & M also think it's fun being treat presenters. But they can't seem to get the "sit" command out quick enough before being tackled.

Saturday night MegMacB arrives home from New York City. We'll be helping her celebrate her actual birthday. By the way, here's to hoping you've got your taxes done. Officially, filings are due Monday.

5 Comments:

At April 15, 2006 3:29 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

You know, sweetheart.....

you could make a living from this :-)

Happy Easter, Cowboy!

cq

 
At April 15, 2006 11:18 PM, Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

CQ is right Cowboy...you could become a professional pet-sitter. Do what you love, AND get paid for it!

Hope you have a good Easter.
~Meeko, Kiara, & Becca

 
At April 16, 2006 9:10 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I guess part-time work might not be so bad.

cq and LSP, I hope you all had a wonderful Easter celebration as well. Thanks so much.

 
At April 16, 2006 10:42 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

gramma and grandpa came this weekend and grandpa gave me treats this morning and he called me a treat whore, too! bat's scared of grandpa now because of when he was a VERY BAD CAT at his house during christmas so he's been under mom's bed all weekend, but i'm not scared cuz i'm a VERY GOOD CAT and i'm getting lots of attention.

Bandit

 
At April 17, 2006 10:53 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Hope you had a great Easter, Cowboy, and that the b-day celebration was fun. The Meezers say "Happy Purrfday MegMacB!!!"
I like woofies too, but it's the licking I cannot stand. I don't mind kitty sandpaper kisses, but doggie kisses give me the willies for some reason. uck. Hope George's little knee is doing better. - Meezers Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home