Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Warm, Hot, Hotter, Even Hotter

Just completed my first trip to Phoenix. At least my first trip that included leaving the airport. It was for work. I would have liked to have made a weekend of it, but knew I needed to get back home. The at-home tasks are piling up. Partly because of procrastination.

At first I wasn't certain why anyone would want to live here. It is so barren and hot, and when I asked anyone what there was to do there the first and only response always was "golf." While driving back to the airport and sitting in what I've learned is common, long traffic stalls on 10, 101 or any other area highway, I decided I want to go back. There's much to experience that is not just about playing golf in the sun. I look forward to another trip.

Took the picture above on the camera phone from the car of the "Camelback Mountain." I'd return just to hike this creature. It's so dry there, I'm sure there's no poison stuff to be found anywhere.

By the way, not healing much at all. New rash outbreaks appearing daily. I was so loaded on Benadryl and other stuff on Saturday I could barely stay awake. Plus, while in Phoenix I couldn't sleep. The nonswitch to DST I think left my system totally off kilter.

Also want to mention that in the gift shop of the Scottsdale Plaza I picked up two great Cowboy metal figures. A larger, slim, very fun guy that holds a votive. I am going to give this to JMc for her April 15th birthday. And then a smaller one for a tealight. I'm going to put him in my home office.

More later ...

8 Comments:

At April 09, 2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Boni said...

Do Camelback mountains spit like regular camels do?
Sorry you gots the allergies. Mom gets them too. Her eyes are almost squenched shut today. She says it's cuz of the yellow sneezing bushes. I haven't heard those bushes sneeze tho. Hope you feel better soon. Purrrrrrrrs

 
At April 09, 2006 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you do get a chance to go back and really experience the beauty of the desert. I live in California but have lots of family in the Phoenix area and I always enjoy visiting. Springtime is gorgeous, when the cacti are blooming!

 
At April 09, 2006 9:31 PM, Blogger Meg said...

My grandfather's best friend has a school right there called the Camelback Desert School. A little bit of trivia for you.

 
At April 10, 2006 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Spa at Camelback Inn is off the charts is what my friends K&C tell me! Would love to go sometime! I've been to Phoenix a couple times and really enjoy it. Especially the downtown Tempe area.

 
At April 10, 2006 10:32 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Phoenix is very beautiful, but WAAAAAAAAAAY too hot for this New England girl. I prefer the cold to anything over 75 degrees. I do have a lot of family in that area though, so it's a nice getaway during the winter. Sorry your rash is getting worse. Those outside allergies are a pain. I love to garden, but I too get a rash from every plant I touch. Especially tomato plants. I can eat tomatoes, I just cannot touch the leaves. I hope you start feeling better soon! - Meezers Mom

 
At April 10, 2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

AZ is wonderful. we love the Tuscon area especially - not as "urban" as Phoenix/Scottsdale. AZ has a special "feel" to it, not like any other place I've been. I always feel calmer there and I have no idea why. Would like to move there, but seem to be stuck in the Mitten state.
Edselsmom

 
At April 10, 2006 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure hope you're all better soon. I don't like the sound of "new rash outbreaks." That doesn't seem right. Seems like there should be one outbreak, and then it gets better. (You sure you don't have chicken pox?!?)

Feel better soon, Cowboy.
~tammara

 
At April 12, 2006 1:20 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Boni-I think you're correct. Camelback mountains do spit like real camels. Especially after a heavy rainstorm. I once rode a camel. FYI. Have you?

Anon-Any suggestions on what to explore or to make a priority on my next visit to the Phoenix area? I do love cacti.

M-This friend "has a school," what do you mean? Did your grandpa used to live in AZ?

I'd for sure like to visit Tempe and ASU, but Sexy Lady, you likely are aware that I am not too much of a "spa" kind of guy. Can't stay still that long and "relaxing" seldom is on my to-do list.

Oh my, MM. A rash from touching tomatoes?! Wow. It's just this poison stuff for me. It just brings bumps, bumps and more bumps. I felt like a monkey while on the plane the other day.

I've never been to the Mitten State, E's mom. But I want to go there something fierce. I hear the summers are wonderful. I say, go for it and move!! Post pics of Edsel with a cactus.

LTC-It's like it's reproducing on my body. A fungus growing. Yes, that's gross. It is gross, I promise. Just yesterday I started to feel like it was drying up. I hope to be rash free in a year. Seriously, maybe within the week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home