Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Don't Let Your Babies

Commencement at Oklahoma State this year had a presidential flair. George W. himself scooted into Stillwater amid helicopters and secret service agents. Regardless of political leanings/affiliations, I'm sure it was a huge deal to have the U.S. President in Stillwater. There were even protesters and students that boycotted the ceremonies. Paul Harvey spoke at my commencement. But that was back in the day.

The OSU student-run newspaper, The Daily O'Collegian (I was a writer there while in school) reports that Bush charmed the audience. According to the paper, Bush said "when some want to criticize me, they call me a cowboy." I bet that was met with huge applause. (Click here to access a video.)

Since we're talking about cowboys, the OSU baseball team wrapped up conference play with its best performance since the Big 12's inception. The Cowboys are the No. 2 seed at this week's Big 12 tournament. It's in Oklahoma City. As is often the case in this conference regardless of sport, Texas is the No. 1 seed.

And to further prove my mania, the golf team grabbed the top spot at the NCAA's Central Regional. The National Championship starts May 31 in Oregon. The women's team finished fifth in their region and start action at the National Championship on May 23. It is in Ohio.

2 Comments:

At May 22, 2006 7:25 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

hey Cowboy, when does the college world series start? That's usually the only baseball I can stomach watching. - Meezers Mom Mary

 
At May 23, 2006 6:10 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I LOVE college baseball and that "ting" of the aluminum bat. I went two semesters of summer school while at OSU and there were times when the crowds were fairly slim. But I'd be there cheering on the team!

The CWS is in June and is still hosted in Omaha. Probably in three weeks. Regionals start next weekend, then likely regional finals the following week, followed by CWS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home