Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Going Home

A friend's mom passed away recently. He doesn't visit "Wild Life Of A Little Monster" but I decided to still post something in memory of his mom. She would have been 79 this past weekend. Now, with Mother's Day this weekend, I think he is missing her more than ever before.

Also want to share my heartfelt condolences with the Meezers at Meezer Tails. They lost their Norton on May 3.

While coming to work this morning for some strange reason I switched from my regular NPR gig and wandered upon a country music station. Young country, if that's any credit. I heard for my first time a song performed by Diamond Rio. I include the words in memory.
-----------------------------
On an icy road one night
A young man loses his life
They marked the shoulder with a cross
An' his family gathers round
On a piece of Hallowed ground
Their hearts are heavy with their loss
As the tears fall from their eyes
There's one who'll always sympathize.

God only cries for the living
'Cause it's the living that are left to carry on
An' all the angels up in Heaven
They're not grieving because they're gone
There's a smile on their faces
'Cause they're in a better place than, mmm, baby, than, oh
God only cries for the living
'Cause it's the living that are so far from home.

It still makes me sad
When I think of my Grand-dad
I miss him each and every day
But I know the time will come
When my own grandson
Wonders why I went away
Maybe we're not meant to understand
Till we meet up in the Promised Land. (At the Rainbow - Cowboy's note)

God only cries for the living
'Cause it's the living that are left to carry on
An' all the angels up in Heaven
They're not grieving because they're gone
There's a smile on their faces
'Cause they're in a better place than, mmm, baby, than, oh
God only cries for the living
'Cause it's the living that are so far from home.

Yeah, we're so far from home, Mmmm, Mmmm.

4 Comments:

At May 09, 2006 3:27 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

very nice. sorry for your friends loss.

not to switch topics, but what's up with the "adoption papers???"

 
At May 09, 2006 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Edsel, I'm sure that Cowboy will tell us in his own good time what is happening with the adoption papers. We just need to give him a little space. Believe me, I'm just as curious as your are. (And, I'm sure we are not the only ones.) ::warm smile::

Dee

 
At May 09, 2006 7:57 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

What a lovely song. I will have to go try and find that. We hope things are going well with you

 
At May 10, 2006 7:21 PM, Blogger Puggyspice said...

Yes, I imagine it would be very hard around Mother's Day to have lost a mom. The song has beautiful lyrics - I will try to find it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home