Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Happy Trails

Saw this computer on and thought I'd take a stab at writing something. No one knows I type, read and am computer literate. My prior life I've been able to keep relatively under wraps. All I can reveal is there really is a reason why I have been assigned, I mean, why I'm living with Army Boy. Sexy Lady is collateral.

I've been banished inside because of that mower thingie. It is so loud and I don't at all like it so close to my Uncle Cowboy. I attack it and try to eat it. Cowboy kept yelling me at me, which got me more fired up and motivated. He seemed mad. I don't get it since I was only protecting him. However, I do like running all over the lawn after that thingie has moved all over it. He'll be in soon and I'll be back to running around in the yard.

Speaking of grass (another possible reference to a past life), I am making an awesome trail in Cowboy's yard. My path goes from one gate to the other gate. It is kind of fun running back and forth, barking at anything and everything. I stick my nose out as far as I can and try to push the gates.

Last Sunday I got out. I paused for a moment and thought about going north, but the southern route looked up hill. Since I was up for the challenge I took that route. It was a good 10 minutes of running through multiple yards before my absence was discovered. I likely could have scurried about more if it wasn't for that guy in that truck honking nonstop and those little Caucasion kids cornering me. The Asian kids across the street just ignored me and kept playing basketball.

Once Cowboy got me, he seemed all frazzled as he carried me home. I played dutiful. It's the role I must do for this gig. It includes many more treats than some of my other jobs. I likely am telling too much. My mouth gets me in trouble sometimes.

He was gone earlier today. Not sure doing what, but geez he stunk like cat when he came home. I saw on the table some forms. Something like "application ... adoption ... pets in your household ...." I didn't really understand all of it. In my world, one just runs until you get your next assignment, um, home.

For being a cowboy, he sure had a hard time trying to find something to wear last night. He went to a benefit event for the Kansas City Free Health Clinic. The theme was western. He was "trying" to look all cowboy. He told me "when you're naturally a cowboy, it's harder to dress up to be a pretend cowboy." Whatever.

trying to see what's on the other side of the fenceHe reported that many of the attendees likely were not Oklahoma 4-H'ers in their youth since they had no idea how to Cotton Eyed Joe or could barely even do the bus stop. He said to not even ask about the attempt to "Electric Slide."

I'll add a pic of me I found on Cowboy's cell phone. Until we meet again ....

10 Comments:

At May 07, 2006 8:19 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

ADOPTION FORMS!!! whoo-hoo! can't wait to hear 'bout this!

 
At May 07, 2006 9:15 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

we can't wait either . . . 'course mom says we're no good at being patient, anyway.

daphne, you should blog more. we wants to know more about "assignments". the other one that lives with us says she gives her kids "assignments" but it doesn't sound like the same thing.

b&b

 
At May 08, 2006 3:51 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Does this mean ...... ? Let us know!

 
At May 08, 2006 8:40 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

OH OH OH - we are SOOOO furry 'acited - 'doption forms? Could it be? Will a little Miss Tammy be coming to live wif Cowboy!
Daphne, you look furry sad in that pikshur. Looks like you would like to 'scape and run again.
Let us know what happens wif Cowboy and the maybe 'doption. And have a good time for the rest of your stay there! Keep Cowboy on his toes!

 
At May 08, 2006 9:52 AM, Blogger Ayla said...

Ooh Cowboy...I hope you do bring home a new kitty. I know he/she will have a great home with you. Let us know asap!

 
At May 08, 2006 12:05 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh OH OH we are excited too Cowboy!!!!! But according to many recent cat blogs, you need to get 2 not one, because 2 are better than one!!!! Oh OH OH we can't wait!

 
At May 08, 2006 4:45 PM, Blogger Sanjee said...

Oh we're all jumpin around now! Did Tammy wif the orange nose pick you Cowboy? You fillin out those silly "got picked" papers? Huh? Tell tell! We wanna know!

Daphne, you gotta keep us posted if the Cowboy don't! Maybe you should get a blog too!

Purrrrrrrrrrrrs :)
Sanjee, Boni, Mini and Mommy

 
At May 09, 2006 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tap, tap, tap... That Cowboy surely does take his own sweet time about stuff. We guess he must be one of those deep-thinkin', slow-actin' cowboys. But Mom says they are the best kind.

 
At May 09, 2006 2:30 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

That Daphne has been yapping too much. Yes, I'm a slow-moving Cowboy. But made another return visit last night. Tammy, Toby, Bronson were the favorites.

 
At May 16, 2006 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daphne, shame on you for running away... I thought we discussed that when we said you could stay at Uncle Cowboy's? You better be good!! No more running do you hear me?! We miss you and think about you daily! Snuggle up with UC and we'll be home soon. Love you baby!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home