Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Muy Caliente

Saw a commercial for the ALMA Awards and these words were used as a teaser to get us to watch. This awards show airs June 5.

The temperature reached 94 degrees today in Kansas City. That is a new record high for May 27. Another record breaker is predicted for Sunday. A very warm Memorial Day weekend. Despite the heat, I got the deck completely stained today. Looks awesome!

Sometimes I put off something as an effort to avoid bad news. For instance, I wouldn't do a cholesterol test for longest time. It was a shock to all when it came back a 155. It must be the genes. Lord knows it's not the Flea Market hamburgers.

Something's wrong with my home's air conditioning unit. There's no cooling going on whatsoever. Not fun and it's only compounded when one is an allergy sufferer. Sleeping with fans, windows open, scantily clad, but with a surgical mask covering my nose to try to reduce the allergy effects. Stuff like this only happens to me.

A repair dude came by but was unable to fix it. He recommended a new AC unit. We'll see what will come to an end first, my perspiration or my unwillingness to learn the cost of a new AC unit and to open my checkbook.

11 Comments:

At May 28, 2006 12:58 AM, Blogger Timmy said...

Eww. I hate the heat... We're having humid weather here and our ACs went on for the first time this year. I know it will sound dumb but did your AC guy check the frion(sp?).
Oh and I'm totally hiring you to come and stain my deck. Rightnow, it's a lovely shade of neglect...I'm scared to think what I'd do with a brush.

-Timmy's Momma

 
At May 28, 2006 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Left you a message on another post of yours & said I would be @ WW today. Wrong, WW will be holding a mobile adoption @ Ward Parkway Mall in front of Petsmart. I'll be working there. Tucker will be there too!

 
At May 28, 2006 6:35 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

cowboy, cowboy, cowboy. . . just close your eyes and hold out your checkbook. it's inhumane to live without a/c. congrats on finishing the deck.

 
At May 28, 2006 6:39 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

yep, had the air conditioner break last year on a 96 degree day - it was 102 in the house at 5pm when the crew came to replace it. i turned it on today, in the 80's outside and it doesn't work. AARRGGGHH. Oh, and the Meezers think it's a purrfect time to cuddle on me. - Meezers Mom

 
At May 29, 2006 4:31 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

[coughs gently]

you know, your new poodin' will really appreciate a new air-condishunner thingy.......

charlie

 
At May 29, 2006 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing your checkbook is gonna lose, dude. It ain't even June yet...

We feel your pain. We have two 15-year-old units outside, just waiting until the hottest day of the summer to go out. sigh.
tammara

 
At May 30, 2006 6:45 AM, Blogger Spock said...

Dearest Cowboy, you have been selected to attend the party of Mr. Oreo cat next month. Please stop by his bloggie & let him know if you will be attending. Fanks you furry much!

 
At May 30, 2006 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of owning a home huh? A new AC will just help reduce your electric bills each month. Also will add value to your home... just like the newly stained deck!!! Get it fixed or come stay at my house... I can't stand the thought of you sweating like that for no good reason!! ;)

 
At May 30, 2006 4:01 PM, Blogger craziequeen said...

Cowboy? Hope you're following the brave efforts of the CatOlympic Torch Bearers??
Today it's the babies, Harper and Ramona from Caturday.

cq

 
At May 30, 2006 5:11 PM, Blogger Chatham said...

It's 97 here in Pennsylvania today. ugh. I like AC.

 
At May 31, 2006 10:06 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Timmy-yes, the heat is rotten. They did check the freon. It was more serious than that. :(

Anonymous-I went by. Not certain if I talked to you. Sure enjoyed loving on Tucker. An absolute good guy.

Yes, Amy, the checkbook is in pain/close to needing life support. It bums me out big time.

Oh, Meezers, hope your AC issues were minor and that all is going OK and everyone is chillin!

You are so right, Charlie. I agree wholly.

LTC-Here's to hoping your AC units function properly for 15 more years!

Thanks very much for the invitation, Oreo! I promise to stop by. Will there be beer? :) How about Oreos?

Sexy Lady-The joys. Oh yes, the joys.

cq-I did see Harper and Ramona on Sunday donning the torch. I'll have to check up to see where it is. I saw the Olympic torch relays enroute to LA in 88, Atlanta in 96, Salt Lake, and I thought one more, but I can't remember. None as exciting as the CatOlympic torch run, though!

Chatham-the predictions are for right at 99 this weekend. Sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home