Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Attacked And Volunteering

Volunteered to step outside to put some mail in the drop box and I got attacked. A wasp stung me on my shoulder. Through my shirt and undershirt! I couldn't believe it. We found that there is a small nest actually inside the mail box. Although I have a million allergies, bee and wasp stings are not two of them. I have a little welp/sore. But overall all is OK.

This weekend is Kansas City's Day of Caring. Now in it's 12th year, the Day of Caring is organized in KC by the United Way and CFC. It is believed to be our area's largest, one-day volunteer effort. This will be my ninth Day of Caring.

This year's project for my company is with an agency in Grandview. It's actually not too far from Wayside Waifs. I anticipate it being a fantastic and positive volunteer event. Also am hopeful I am not attacked by a ladder or scaffolding such as the case last year.

4 Comments:

At June 21, 2006 11:13 AM, Blogger Timmy said...

Ouch. Momma got stung by a bee twice in her life...her attacks were days apart. One got her right wrist, the other was aggitated by the dog that used to live here and it flew up and attacked her left wrist. Both hands swelled and went numb... it's a really really good thing you're not 'lergic 'cause it gotcha on the shoulder (OUCH!!!) Hope it doens't hurt anymore and that you have a nice weekend. You am a kind bean for volunteering for the Day of Caring! I hopes you have wonderful weather!

 
At June 21, 2006 11:19 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

sure hope you don't get attacked by a ladder! mom brought one in the house this weekend and it was scary!

while you're so close to WW, do you think you might stop by to love on some kitties and maybe think about getting picked? it's been a while since you talked about getting picked and mommy says she's worried about you being lonely.

b&b

 
At June 22, 2006 2:04 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Maybe you could paint or somefing instead of climb ladders this year ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko

 
At June 23, 2006 11:37 PM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Careful of the ladders n stuff, Cowboy!
~~ Sanjee, Pepi, Gree, Mini and Boni

 

Post a Comment

<< Home