Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

National Champs!

After four rounds of golf at the Sunriver Golf Course in Oregon, my Cowboys (see the final scores) topped all other schools with a 9-under for the tournament. Florida was next on the leader board with a 6-under. OSU golfer Jonathan Moore was the tournament's top golfer.

I couldn't believe it. After falling to seventh after Day 2, I really didn't think they had much of a chance. However, the team pulled back into the top three on Day 3. On the final day, the Pokes jumped into the top spot after about the eighth hole and never let go. Here's a link to a video on newsok.com of an interview with the team after the win. We won the national title in 1983 and 1987 when I was in school. I even attended once. This is the Cowboys 1oth national golf title, with the last victory in 2000.

I know this is not exciting to anyone else but me. I'm not even a golf fan. But I am a collegiate sports nut, regardless of the sport. It is such an entirely different atmosphere when it's your school. Especially when you absolutely love your school. Oh, and our women's golf team this year placed 18th in the NCAAs. Duke won its second straight title.

2 Comments:

At June 06, 2006 2:17 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

I agree Cowboy. If Pitt won a basket weaving competition, I would be bragging and ordering the National Basket Weaving Championship T-shirt from the Pitt Store. - Meezers Mom.

 
At June 08, 2006 7:37 AM, Blogger Sanjee said...

I don't know nuthin bout sports but I'm glad your're happy bout your school's teams :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home