Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Born To Be Wild

Gettin' on the highwayThe folks came home Friday. I was really glad to see them. See, Cowboy left my house about 7 a.m. and just a short time later I heard the garage door opening. I thought he had forgotten something. It wasn't him, though. My Army Boy and Sexy Lady (that's what Uncle Cowboy told me to call them) were home from their two-week Hawaii visit. I couldn't believe they were finally home. It was so exciting!

But just like that ... they're gone again. Saturday morning they were packed up and dashing out the door. Something about some humans getting married in some rinky dink western Kansas town. I wonder if the people there will have teeth. I bet they love Bob Dole. I guess we all can't be city creatures.

I digress. Heard the garage door opening later today and there was Cowboy! Although I was excited to see the folks back, hanging out with the Uncle is like nothing else!

We do all sorts of thrilling things.......going for walks all over the neighborhood, chasing each other in his back yard, leaning out the car window (see pic) as he drives me around (he holds on tight), barking at dogs in the neighborhood, taking naps together, going to his work and spending the entire day (I took naps, but I did check out all the humans that were in his office and over lunch we went to Taco Bell), going to fast-food drive-ins, and even going out to see some baby deer. I think they are called fawns. (I've seen that movie "Bambi" before while living with some other folks.) We have lots and lots of fun. When I'm at my home, I always feel like I'm on a leashie thing.

All this is just the tip of the iceberg. He's an awesome uncle. My one complaint ... he does stay up way too late. I require much more sleep. At home, my folks go to bed early. Sometimes it looks like they are attacking each other while they are asleep, though. I cover my eyes.

They are supposed to be back Sunday night. I hope they leave for another trip soon. -- Daphne

6 Comments:

At July 22, 2006 8:49 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

wow Daphne, you shur has lots of fun wif the cowboy! and you gets to go to his werk? i wonder how come our mommy can't bring us to her werk.

 
At July 23, 2006 10:41 AM, Blogger craziequeen said...

cor Daphne, Coboy is a lot of fun, ain't he?

You'd have liked Pandora's birthday party, we had a pool and a tramamapoline....me and Miles are expert tramamampoliners now :-)

Your Uncle Cowboy stopped by, that was nice, please tell him how pleased she was to see him.

Do I get the feeling Cowboy is debating getting a woofie??

charlie

 
At July 23, 2006 9:29 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Meezers-I saw an article about a "Bring your dogs to work day" that happened in late June. Since several folks were on vacation and out the office and my home was so hot, I thought, "what the heck" and took Daph into work for the day. She loved it and was sooo very good.

Charlie-I still think a cat is in my future. Don't rule it out just yet! Daphne is super fun, but it's nice to just have her visit.

Glad you all had a fantastic time at the party for Pandora!

 
At July 24, 2006 6:25 AM, Blogger Chatham said...

{{snicker}} you're a funny dog! I've never seen one like you before. Yes, Cowboy is special.

 
At July 26, 2006 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hey Uncle Cowboy... hope you aren't missing me too much. The humans have returned and I am slipping back into my ole rountine with them again. They brought me back a grass skirt and some flowery thing for my neck. I must look pretty cute because they laughed and laughed when they were taking pics of me last night! I wasn't so sure of what they were doing at first so I bit my mom (a/k/a Sexy Lady to you) just so she knew I had feelings too! But then Army Boy tackled me and put the grass thing around my belly and I ran around and showed off for them! I heard them say they were going to send you a picture of me! Miss you like crazy. Thanks for taking such good care of me... I had a blast with you!
Daphne

P.S. I did overhear my mom tell dad something about your blog and 'attacking each other'... they think I wrote that trash?!?!?!? YIKES!

 
At July 26, 2006 6:20 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

You know it was you, Daphne, but that's fine with me if you need to deny it. I know I'm not the one buying your treats on a regular basis. Keep covering eyes and denying that your wrote anything.

Chatham-She is a funny dog. And you are too kind to me. Unless you mean "special" instead of special. Do you know what I mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home