Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Dog's Night Out

Kansas City's MLS soccer team, the Wizards, is hosting a dog's night out at the stadium this weekend. Dogs planning to come to the game were required to pre-register. Well, I guess their human companion was supposed to pre-register the dog. Dogs wanting to go now are out of luck. I'm sure there will be news coverage. Can't wait to see the pics of these creatures enjoying the soccer game at Arrowhead Stadium.

Now, I know Charlie (as in MegMacB's dog that now lives with her mom because George tried to eat him) could be a good soccer player. His grandma claims he would be an awesome goalie. As much as my Ep loved batting around toy balls, I bet she would have made a good soccer player. Updates I've seen on tub hockey matches could also lead some to believe that a few cat bloggers have skills that likely could easily transfer to a soccer field. I wonder if they'll let the dogs out there to have a try!

Speaking of contests, recently attended the 13th Annual Wiener Dog Nationals. It was at Kansas City's Woodlands Racing Track. MegMacB and friends, Sexy Lady and Army Boy joined me. In between the eight heats each with eight wiener dogs were greyhound dog races.
A race participant strutting his/her stuff!It was all very interesting. And the day was super hot. Around 102. It was hard not to feel sorry for the dogs, much less the kids and others working there. Spectators were inside. Overall, it was mindless and somewhat fun entertainment. The SL and AB walked away big winners too, winning more than 100 bucks on like $20 worth of bets. I know that's not "lottery winnings," but to this nongambler, that's big time! You should have seen us all hoopin' and hollerin' hoping our favorite dog would win.

3 Comments:

At August 09, 2006 10:37 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

i can't believe you didn't register daphne or george and stanley for a soccer outing!

scruffy - the cat who came before - used to have a small stuffed soccer ball that was one of the few toys he loved. after b& b arrived, bat found scruffy's ball under the couch one day and it quickly became a favorite of his, too.

amy

 
At August 10, 2006 7:52 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

but we likes to play soccer too! maybe our Rochester Raging Rhinos A-League soccer team will have a Cats night out at their brand new stadium. i wonder if they has a litterbox room there?

 
At August 14, 2006 1:06 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I am embarrassed, Amy. I had totally planned to register and take a dog. Then just got too busy.

Meezers, I say don't be shy! Call the Raging Rhinos office and demand a cats night out. Promise them that you'll have your human wear a Rhino outfit. You might also mention that a litterbox room would be a good idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home