Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Good To Have Options

Learned today that the U.S. Army recently raised its age limit for enlistment to 42. And just in case you're curious, the minimum age is 17 (with parental consent).

I guess that is good news and an option if I ever was facing or was considering a career change. If I did enlist, I bet the hometown folks would put yellow ribbons on everything. I likely would make jaunts to far-off places like Killeen, Lawton, Fayetteville, El Paso and other fascinating locales. Maybe even Fort Leonard Wood. I wonder if there are blogging cats or dogs in those cities?

Until then, I'll keep plugging away at the current gig.

6 Comments:

At August 02, 2006 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, that only gives me a few months! Oh darn!
:-) tammara

 
At August 03, 2006 1:44 AM, Blogger Meg said...

I like the idea of you being a Navy SEAL.

 
At August 03, 2006 9:46 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Although it would make for a nice photo, I'm much too old for the navy. The enlistment max is 34 for active navy, 38 for the naval reserves. Even the coast guards max is out of the picture. It's at 27. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

T-From what I understand, you have through the entire 42nd year. It's not until midnight the day before the 43rd before you age out. The option is still there!

 
At August 04, 2006 11:30 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

My bro Eddie can sign up next year, when he's 17!

 
At August 06, 2006 11:12 AM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Wow, my Mom can still sign up then. But she better not! We need her here to be our cat staff, cuz if she left it'd be just Grandma as cat staff. And 5 cats with only one staff is just wrong.
Purrs and headbutts :)
Sanjee, Boni, Mini, Pepi and Gree

 
At September 11, 2006 7:28 PM, Blogger Petey said...

Hey Cowboy, just to let you know. There are cats in Lawton that blog. I would've let you know sooner(ha ha), but its been really hot here and we're still catching up on our blog reading. It's hard to get alot done when you sleep 20 hours a day. Pete, Punkin, Lucky and Luna bloggin' in Lawton/Ft Sill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home