Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Specialized Treatment

Saw a story on a health program show the other night about a vet clinic that provides extra-special treatment (bottom paragraph) during those times of need. When an overnight stay is required, beans are allowed to stay with their monsters.

I know during my last days with my Epster I could not at all bear leaving her alone there without me. Not that I thought they were going to do anything wrong to her, but because she had never been outside of her home without me. OK, and maybe I couldn't handle being without her. Plus, I would have been on pins and needles everytime the phone rang thinking it might be the vet calling.

Here's a link to more information about their "Compassionate Care" program. It appears they are in New York.

6 Comments:

At August 16, 2006 5:11 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Wow, too bad they're about 3 hours away from me. It sounds like a wonderful place.

 
At August 16, 2006 6:52 PM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

That's super neato, Cowboy. I wishes they were closer to us!
~~ Sanjee

 
At August 17, 2006 3:15 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

what a wonderful idea. whenever scruffy got really sick and i had to take him to stay at the vet, i would go visit him and crunch myself up to fit in the wire kennel with him. the vet staff all knew me, so they'd always put him in one of the bottom cages. i hated to leave him overnight, too.

 
At August 20, 2006 1:07 PM, Blogger Meowers from Missouri said...

how very marvelous! some beans are really on the right wavelength! it's like hospice for animal people, and why not?!? most wonderful!! thanks for posting.

olrebbie (mom to nels, ed, nitro & xing)

 
At August 21, 2006 6:37 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

you all are welcome, Pierce Kitties and Mom. Thanks for visiting!

Amy, Really? You'd crawl into the kennel? Wow. You are amazing. I think the leaving them overnight is one of the tougher parts.

Sanjee, I bet if you ever needed to go and get something from the vet, they'd welcome you to fly on over there to see them! But I hope you never need them.

Meezers, you sound like you might be the closest to them of all of us. You might have to go to check it out and report back to us! :)

 
At August 22, 2006 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I, too, hated leaving Heather overnight in her last few weeks. We had to leave her 2-3 times to be rehydrated, because of her kidney failure. I would visit her just before they closed, and she would struggle to get up when she saw me, her leg bandaged into a stint so the IV wouldn't come out. I would have loved to stay near her when she clearly wanted me there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home