Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Dangers And Positives Of Drinking

For a second, wondered if I was drunk while driving home tonight. That's because I couldn't believe what I was seeing, which somtimes can occur if you've been drinking. Just one of the many reasons why folks should not drive when they've had too much to drink.

To my point ... as I made the exit to come home tonight, I saw that the price at the Shell station was $1.96. I'm not kidding. Just reading that I bet you're wondering if you're drunk. When I left the office in Lee's Summit, prices out there and through Raytown were $2.08-$2.09. Some "Letters to the Editor" predict gas prices will drop to around $1.80 about a week before the November election. My hope is that the prices will fall even lower than that.

By the way, a recent study published in the Journal of Labor Research concluded that people who drink earn more money than those who don't. You read that right. I promise, you are not drunk. At least as far as I can tell. The study results indicate drinkers earn 10 percent to 14 percent more than those on the wagon.

Here I was thinking that shot of scotch in the morning and margarita at lunch was just to help take the edge off of each day. With all that extra moola, my thought is to spring for the next round!

9 Comments:

At September 18, 2006 11:42 PM, Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

Can you send those gas prices out this way?!?! I saw $2.72 on the way home tonight. In the south end of town (out of my way) it was $2.69. My mom saw $2.18 in Ft. Worth. We NEED lower gas prices....ski season is coming up!!

THat (2nd part of post) is a good reason to start your day with a little 'kick' of something!
~LSP Momma Becca

P.S. How's the kitty searching going? We have an "extra" around here if you want....just kidding!

 
At September 19, 2006 11:06 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Are you sure I'm not drunk? LOL. Geez, I think I will get a job and move out there- gas here is still $2.75 - and that's down at least 30 cents in the last 2 weeks - Meezer Mom

 
At September 19, 2006 5:34 PM, Blogger Petey said...

$2.33 today, down .10 from yesterday.

 
At September 19, 2006 9:42 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

It was up to $1.99 today, though, at the Shell. Still $2.08-$2.09 in Raytown.

 
At September 20, 2006 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes (you'd be proud of me)... I actually saw the $1.96 on the NEWS last night!! Now what is this about you buying the next round at happy hour?!?!?! That is NEWS that gets my attention!! HA!

 
At September 20, 2006 6:41 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

You watched the news? I guess I must be drunk.

 
At September 20, 2006 8:41 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

yes, i second Lone Star Purrs question to you - how is the kitty searchin' goin? i know you want to get picked, but sometimes you gotta go places where that can happen and i don't 'member you doin' that lately....what's the deal Cowboy?

 
At September 22, 2006 3:39 AM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

gas less than two bucks?!? that's just crazy talk! if you're not drinking, cowboy, are ya smokin' crack?

 
At September 22, 2006 9:40 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

It's a $1.99 almost everywhere here now, with a few spots at $1.98. On my commute each morning, I bet I pass at least 15 service stations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home