Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Move That Bus!

Flowers and a GnomeHave been trying to stay motivated to get things done about the home. At times, I am certain a complete demolition is necessary. Starting over from scratch might be a good thing. Other times, progress clearly is evident and it feels like my castle. Trying to do it on my own also is a challenge. Sure wish some of those "Makeover" designer and crew folks would stop by on their next KC trip to offer some tips.

The pic above is a planter box MMcB gave me a few years ago. It's been fun trying to keep flowers blooming and preventing squirrels from digging. It's nothing like Edsel's backyard or the lawns and gardens I see on other blogs, but it is an effort. Please disregard the bald lawn spots just on the top end of the pic.

Formerly, the planter box had a lovely Travelocity gnome next to it. BET, now BETC, gave me that gnome as a birthday gift. Over the summer, I saw a spider on the porch and quickly grabbed the gnome as my tool to smash the spider to smithereens. The gnome broke right off from his base (seen on the right side of pic). The spider escaped.

Park bench from George and StanleyMMcB's Boyz, George and Stanley, gave me the bench pictured here. It was a thank you for taking care of them recently. Those two are so appreciative. And I love the bench.

I have to admit, it took forever long for me to assemble. I had it in the downstairs room and quite literally produced enough sweat to water the plants for a year. I don't know how those Makeover folks get all that they get done within seven days. It takes me three to four months just to accomplish the simplest of home projects.

As a matter of fact, I am proud to report that I got the light fixture in the dining room and in the entry way replaced. Yanked down the old ones and got up the new ones. All on my own. I only got shocked once. (Note: Always switch off the fuse first.)

Started this task in April. Hey! Don't criticize. I did stain the deck, mow the law a million times, and finish a heckuva lot of other things in the meantime. Eventually, I'll get the rest of the dining room painted.

With the light fixture, I couldn't decide for the longest time which light fixture I wanted. Bought two. Finally decided which one to keep, returned the other and was able to purchase the entry way light fixture. They both look sweet!

It is not really hung diagonally, by the way. At an angle it fit better into the frame of the cell phone camera. I should take a current pic. It now has Halloween ghosts and skeletons hanging from it.

Wish you could see these mums now. They are blooming so big. The pot almost is overwhelmed by the flowers. I love it. Plus, the mums appear to be very orange. That makes them extra fantastic.

MMcB was the bearer of the mums. Her expression of gratitude for inviting her Boyz over to stay while she was away a few weeks ago. It is me who is the lucky one.

Got the vampires, jack-o-lanterns, pumpkins, ghosts, Frankensteins and witches all out now. Still hoping to find time to put out the luminaries. Fall is such a great time of year in Kansas City. I have a good time turning on the porch light and having the best treats on the block. Halloween also is my mother's birthday.

That's all the makeovers for now. More to come.

3 Comments:

At October 23, 2006 10:13 PM, Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

You shur gotted lots done!! Momma likes yur light. She hangs ceiling fans herself (she remebers to turn off the breaker first;-)). We likes the orange mums too...there Longhorn Orange!!
~Meeko, Kiara, Emmy, & Momma Becca

 
At October 24, 2006 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure did get lots done. I tend to put off home projects until I can't stand it anymore and then I just go at it until it's finished.

Nice job!
~ tammara

 
At October 25, 2006 1:24 AM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

halloween is our mom's birthday, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home