Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Blowing In The Wind

Follow the yellow brick road!Took Monday off from work. It actually was more of a "work from home" day since I still participated in an almost two-hour conference call and got some other work-related tasks completed. It was nice to get it all accomplished in OSU boxers shirts and a t-shirt while lying in bed.

These three days were scheduled as vacation days about two months ago. So much for that. I'll be in the office Tuesday and will be attending a dinner event. The jury is still out regarding Wednesday.

I did also get the wall paper pulled off in the dining room and worked on some holiday-related preparation. That was nice.

While home, I heard a leaf blower working its magic. Glanced outside and caught my lovely neighbor on the south side working hard to blow all my Bradford Pear leaves out of his yard through the fence and back into my yard. MMcB describes him as a "giver." So true. It is important to note, I've spent about five hours collectively over the last two weekends raking and bagging leaves.

Was out recently and saw these leaves on a sidewalk outlining my path. It reminded me of Dorothy's walk. Nature's way of creating a yellow brick road. Couldn't resist snapping a photo to share with you.

5 Comments:

At November 21, 2006 10:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With neighbors like that, who needs, well, any more neighbors like that...

I'm glad you can take it with a sense of humor. You're a good man, Cowboy.

 
At November 21, 2006 10:15 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I actually believe that once the leaves leave (he he) my yard, they no longer are mine. At that point, I have given up full ownership of those leaves because they have, in a sense, left my possession. What do you think?

Oh well. I'm going to wait until I know he's gone and throw some back in his yard. Meanwhile, I'm praying for a nice, strong north wind!

 
At November 22, 2006 10:02 PM, Blogger Meowers from Missouri said...

happy thanksgiving, cowboy!

nelson, edmund, nitro, & xing lu

 
At November 22, 2006 10:28 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Thank you! And to you too, nen&x!! Gobble, gobble!

 
At November 26, 2006 3:59 AM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

heh heh! we'll pray for a good strong wind, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home