Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Homecoming Update

Still trying to catch up with some recent happenings. Hope you don't mind.

Trekked to Stillwater, Oklahoma for the Oct. 21 Homecoming football game. My journey from Kansas City is consistently about 5 hours. I arrived just before kickoff. It was the first time in probably 10 years that I did not arrive early enough to enjoy the Friday night Homecoming activities and Saturday morning's parade. They'll do it again next year, I'm sure.

It was super cold at the game. However, fans were pumped up as the Cowboys took on the Texas A&M Aggies. By the way, that Aggie marching band is impressive, but there's something a little eerie too. I'll just stick with our orange-clad Cowboy marching band.

In the end, and after several text messages to the Schramwich to provide game updates, my team lost in overtime by 1 point. People look at me twice when I say this, but I prefer losing by 1 or winning by 2 over a blowout victory or an embarrassing trouncing. Exciting games are always, um, exciting!

Spent the night at the glamorous Motel 6 (gotta love the college town hotels) before getting up Sunday morning and traveling south to Oklahoma City and Norman. Enjoyed lunch with the VMc, RMc, Macy, Chap and family. Then later met LMc and gang on the University of Oklahoma campus. From Dallas, she brought to Homecoming a high school neighbor girl. LMc decided to be an equal opportunist with a quick OU tour. It was less painful since we were all wearing orange.

The afternoon was filled with Macy's soccer game, playing with the Chap, and visiting JMc and GMc. The latter just built a great barn house. Essentially, it is a cabin home adjacent to a horse barn they own. GMc has competition cutting horses.

Took off that evening for Tulsa where I got to stay the next two days for work-related meetings. Also saw Mom and the Niece while there. More on that later.

Boring post, I know. Sorry.

2 Comments:

At November 15, 2006 6:38 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Mr Cowboy, mum broughted me a bear from Cowboy country. Come by my blog and see. Purrs.

 
At November 15, 2006 11:02 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I actually was by yesterday and didn't slow down long enough to comment. Sorry. I commented tonight.

Where does the Uncle Stormie live?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home