Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Speed Racer

Noticed a bumper sticker the other day proclaiming that the car would be "without a pilot in case of rapture." I saw the stickered car as it weaved in and out of traffic along 350-highway and then zoomed past me. The lady in the SUV was going about 25 miles over the speed limit with her kids in tow. Just an observance.

By the way, I darted about Kansas City's northland today trying to find the perfectly right, huge, blow-up, lawn decoration Christmas display. Checked out all the usual suspects and even almost went to Wal-Mart, something that hasn't been done by this dude in years. I avoided that temptation. Ended up saying no to all the enticing decorations, including the inflatable nativity scene. It was nine-feet tall from the bottom of the manger to the top of the star. Got a little crystal-looking shiny snowman instead. It's about 36 inches.

6 Comments:

At November 20, 2006 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess she wants to take the rest of us with her...

 
At November 21, 2006 12:13 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Your comment made me laugh!

 
At November 21, 2006 12:15 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

In full disclosure, I was going about 15 miles over the speed limit. Thus how I am guessing she was going around 25 over. She easily passed by me.

 
At November 21, 2006 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fiona - LOL!!!

My mother always refused to put such stickers on her car, for fear of causing other people to hate the message and not just the messenger (and she was a pretty good driver! I say was because she's gotten a little easily spooked as of late, but with people like your rapture lady on the road, I guess I can see why!).

 
At November 26, 2006 3:56 AM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

we can't believe you passed up a 9 foot tall inflatable nativity! he he. i'm sure your neighbors appreciate your (smaller) choice of the snowman. mom doesn't decorate the yard. she says the neighbors down the block decorate enough for everyone!

 
At November 26, 2006 8:02 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I'll be sure to take a pic of my neighbor's home. You'll die! They likely decorate enough for the entire city.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home