Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Trick Or Treat!

Painting by The Artist with some Halloween decor here and there.
The Light FixtureJust a quick post to recap Halloween night. I dashed out of the office early, for me at least, arriving home by 5:20 p.m. Luminaries and other Halloween garb were outside to greet all visitors, with plenty inside to keep me entertained. The evening had a chill in the air. I wondered if it would hamper the number of children stopping by.

In between glances at "Dances with the Stars," the doorbell kept dinging and treats kept getting handed out. Some great costumes. Some, I'm certain I saw last year worn by the same children.

I sometimes wonder how many of those kids are actually from my neighborhood. But, I also like knowing that my neighborhood might actually have a reputation of being a friendly and welcoming place. There certainly were lots of cars lining the street.

Lots of treats awaited those stopping by. When the lights finally went out at the blue house I call home, the tally I kept indicated there were 139 trick-or-treaters. Plus, there were 11 dogs. Several in costume. Treats were ready for those critters too. That also was the night Charlie arrived for his 10-day stay at his vacation home.

What I like best is being able to welcome strangers. Children. Many of these same children don't even glance my direction or get a wave from me during our day-to-day routines. It's also fun that the children get to pretend for a night. Funny costumes, scary, pretty, silly, innocent or stand-by favorites. Many children are extra polite. Saying "Thank you," "Happy Halloween" or "Have a good night." Parents often wait at the end of the driveway and wave and sometimes holler a thank you. At least that's how it is in my neck of the woods.

Mom reports she had a great birthday celebration and enjoyed all her Halloween visitors and birthday greetings through out the day. My sister from North Carolina flew in to see her.

Now it's time to store all the Halloween garb, rake the leaves, prepare for Thanksgiving, and test the lights on the Christmas tree. 'Tis the season!

Had 11 dogs visiting. They got Scooby snacks and other yummies.
Watching over the evening's activities.

2 Comments:

At November 09, 2006 8:33 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

looks like you doled out some tasty treats, cowboy. and how thoughtful to have treats for the woofies as well. have a great t ime with charlie - he looks quite the character!

amy

 
At November 14, 2006 5:50 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Very tasty treats that I'm still eating. And I wonder why I'm so fat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home