Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Going Bowling

Learned that my Cowboys are officially headed to the Independence Bowl. It is not the National Championship game, the Rose Bowl or even the Cotton Bowl, but it is still exciting. It was a mediocre season by most standards, but one of much growth from a Cowboys perspective.

In 1981, before my tour at OSU, the Pokes went to the Independence Bowl. If I recall correctly, the game was played on or around my birthday. I remember watching it on television. We lost to Texas A&M (they were in the Southwest Conference). Jimmy Johnson was our coach. He left us to go to Miami in Florida before then going to Dallas.

Going to bowl games is not a regular occurrence for my Cowboys. We've gone to 16 in our entire history. However, this is our fourth trip in the last five years. The last time we had this kind of success was the mid- to late 80s. As a matter of fact, it was when I was in school.

This bowl game is in Shreveport, Louisiana on Dec. 28. The foe is the Crimson Tide of the University of Alabama, a Southeastern Conference school. Should be a good contest.

This past Saturday night, Dec. 2, I attended the Big 12 Championship game. It was here in Kansas City, pitting OU and Nebraska. The stadium was about 70 percent or more 'Huskers fans. Although it was bone-chilling cold out there and the Nebraska fans were increasingly rude each time their offense was unable to produce, I had a good time.

As a result of their win, OU is headed to the Fiesta Bowl, while Nebraska will play in the Cotton Bowl. There's going to be some very good bowl games this year. I'm sure of it!

3 Comments:

At December 04, 2006 6:58 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

My Pitt Panthers are going to the toilet bowl!!! YAY!!! - Meezers Mom Mary

 
At December 04, 2006 9:07 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Maybe next season! That's part of the excitement of sports. And teams like Rutgers, Wake Forest and a few others should give us all hope that "our turn" could occur someday.

 
At December 04, 2006 11:25 AM, Blogger Myst and Blackie said...

Uh, oh... our Mom is a Alabama fan... She is hoping they do well & get a good head coach for next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home