Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

No Rooms At The Inn

"Please turn off all electronic devices and put your chairs in the upright position."

I've heard this request this week more times than I care to mention. Unfortunately, will have to hear it again two more times on Friday.

Have been traveling all week. Was first in Dallas and then returned to Kansas City for a day. Then headed out to Minneapolis, with the goal of returning home Thursday night. Strong winds and extended flight delays created alternative plans.

So here I sit in a hotel in Rosemont, Illinois near O'Hare airport. I luckily got a room. Since I had missed all connecting flights home, I was automatically booked on a flight Friday morning. I also was given a voucher for a discount rate at a hotel. That didn't work out. More in a moment.

The airport was a zoo. Lots of folks had missed flights. And there was no AC or something. It was so hot. I did see NBA basketball star Scottie Pippen, though, in the luggage area. The baggage carousel indicated he was on a flight from Los Angeles. I saw him giving autographs to children. I resisted taking a picture.

I finally got the shuttle over to the hotel. Once I arrived, there were all these folks waiting to get on the shuttle to go back to the airport. I knew that was a bad sign.

The hotel said the airline had given out too many vouchers and that they had no rooms. The hotel desk agent advised that I should wait 15 minutes for the next shuttle, go back to the airport, check with an airline agent, and get a new voucher for a different hotel. Mind you, this was at 11:10 p.m.

Forget that option! I walked to a hotel across the street. They also indicated they were sold out, but they thought the one around the corner might have rooms. With briefcase and Mall of America bag in tow, I took off walking to hotel No. 3.

Succes! And this king suite is sweet! Free wireless Internet service to boot. Even have bamboo greeting me in the bathroom. Nice to have luxuries, considering I don't have a change of clothing or deodorant. I didn't even ask them the rate, but did ask them to give me any discount that they possibly could.

Must get to sleep in my king-sized bed.

2 Comments:

At December 15, 2006 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am disappointed that you didn't keep up your usual level of celebrity stalking.

 
At December 16, 2006 12:00 AM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

i can't believe you resisted using your new camera to get celebrity pix! glad to hear you got a nice hotel room and didn't have to sleep on the airport floor!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home