Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Debunking

"A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes." ~ Mark Twain.

The fast access to information and being able to visit with you are what I love about the Internet. The false, inaccurate and misleading information, lies and other untruths are what I hate about the Internet. Just after the horrible acts of terrorism that occurred in the U.S. on September 11, the Internet was full of it. From famous predictions to unusual conspiracies. It made everyone more scared than they already justifiably were. I also hate ID theft and other stealing over the Internet.

On Thursday I received an e-mail from my sister in California providing a warning that our cell phone numbers would be released to telemarketers in just the next few days. To stop the action, I needed to put my cell number on the "do-not call list."

THAT IS NOT TRUE! Our cell numbers are not being released. It is not happening. Do not believe this e-mail if you get it. (Disclaimer: At least as of Jan. 25, 2007.)

It's out there. Lies. Be careful. Doubt everything, check sources, check them again, compare it to other information and then check everything again. Lastly, stay cynical. Don't ever say "I saw it on the Internet, it must be true."

2 Comments:

At January 26, 2007 6:06 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Mr Cowboy when you gets these go to the following site. It cover all sort of 'urban legands' that come up like this. Mum uses it lots and check everything her sisfurinlaw sends her.

http://www.snopes.com/

 
At January 28, 2007 5:04 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

You are furry wise Mr Cowboy. We always make sure Mom double checks what she reads on the internet. ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko KO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home