Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Morning

Everyone deals with death differently. And when one has shared many years with us, we usually are more prepared and grieve differently than we we do for a younger one or an enexpected death. Going back to the presidential funerals mentioned in a prior post, I'm sure the country's farewell to Presidents Ford and Reagan were completely different than the farewell for John F. Kennedy.

Denver Broncos football player, Darrent Williams was killed in a New Year's Day shooting. Like many folks in Denver, I was shocked when I heard the news. The last I've read, his killer still has not been caught.

Darrent played four years at Oklahoma State. Folks in Stillwater also felt the loss of this 24-year-old young man.

A few days ago I watched a press conference hosted by the Broncos head coach. His comments were heartfelt and full of sadness and sorrow. Darrent's funeral was Jan. 6 in Texas. The entire Denver team flew to Fort Worth for the service. My thoughts and prayers are with his children, family, loved ones, friends and team.

The Wife sent an e-mail a few days ago telling me their No. 3 kitty, Cookie, passed away. It was unexpected. The Wife tells me when they found her, little six-year-old O was in disbelief, but did not cry. I'm told O sat on the ground to pet Cookie and tried to comfort her little body. Then she put a blanket over Cookie to keep her warm.

The Wife says she has been crying and crying, but knows Cookie is in a better place. She says O and M are troopers and keep telling everyone that "Cookie died." The Artist dug a burial spot in their backyard. The Wife tells me the four of them gathered for prayer and for kitty good-byes for Cookie.

Dealing with death can be overwhelming. Somehow, though, we fall asleep. Often with tears streaming down our faces that soak our pillows. Then the sun comes up. Again time to accept the challenges, celebrations, happy times and sad of another day. I think that how we deal with each of those mornings is what defines us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home