Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Each Vote Counts

Last Tuesday, took part in Kansas City's election for a new mayor and city council. Voting is so exciting to me. I make it a point to go in the morning, before going to work. I want to wear the "I Voted Today" sticker through the entire day. I know, I know. I'm just providing you more proof of my nerd quotient.

Mark Funkhouser won by 1,010 votes over Alvin Brooks. Mr. Funkhouser dominated the part of the city north of the Missouri River - in Clay and Platte counties. However, the bulk of the city is in Jackson County, south of the river. Mr. Brooks easily carried that area and came close to winning. Also interesting to note, it was reported that voters pretty much voted along racial lines.

City elections are not partisan. There's a clear majority in the new city council, though. Women. My gut feeling is that the council likely will be effective at getting much done. Kansas City, like many other cities, is in the midst of downtown development and other key initiatives taking place. Effective leadership without a doubt is a requirement if it will all happen.

1 Comments:

At April 01, 2007 12:41 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

yeah, but do you SAVE the stickers as a memento of voting? I may have a slightly higher nerd quotient than you. - Meezer Mom Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home