Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

GW In The House!

The U.S. President was in the 'hood Tuesday. He stopped by to say hello. His priorities have been all over the place lately, but he's been making it a point to stop by to visit more often. He knows it makes me feel good.

On this visit, W took a look at a GM plant close to downtown, actually in Kansas City, Kansas. Then he hopped over to the Ford plant in Claycomo, Missouri. That's north of the river and east a little. The two auto plants work on gas/electric hybrid engines and vehicles.

The Commander in Chief talked about his energy agenda. He promoted cars that use less or no gasoline as a way to reduce oil consumption. He's hyping his 20-10 plan, which is to reduce gasoline use by 20 percent over the next 10 years, mainly through the use of hybrids and alternative fuels like ethanol, ethanol/gasoline blends and biodiesel.

I'll challenge myself to work at doing my part. Thanks for the visit, W.

Also visiting, last week the Extreme Makeover folks were back in town. The big reveal was Sunday. They took this 1,000-square-foot home, tore it down and created this multi-level, thousands-of-square-feet home for a wife, husband and seven kids.

2 Comments:

At March 21, 2007 8:47 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

i'm looking at hybrids for my next vehicle. maybe the Highlander.

How long did it take for the extreme makeover house to get built?
Meezer Mom Mary

 
At March 29, 2007 8:29 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I've thought about a small hybrid car. And it took them right at a week to build that home. I sometimes wonder if there will be a reality show 10 years from now showing us how these homes have held up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home