Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

It's Not Easy Being Green

St. Pat's breakfast - green eggs, grapes, honeydewO & M greeted me St. Patrick's Day morning by crawling onto bed and shouting "Wake up Uncle Cowboy! Where's your green?" Luckily, I slept with a green t-shirt and Lucky Brand boxers covered with clovers.

After about 30 minutes of cartoon watching (The Littles to be precise), we went to the kitchen to start our breakfast cooking. We made sure everything was appropriate for a March 17 breakfast. We even had a bouquet of green flowers.

Although the meal was perfect, the girls likely did go a little overboard with the green food coloring in our scrambled eggs. It was funny that I had to assure them that the eggs would taste the same, even if they are green. The menu also included grapes and honeydew. Only the bacon escaped the green coloring!
Our St. Paddy's napkins
The Wife brought along some fun napkins. Pictured are the cat napkins. Because the cats are so cute, per O, she said she couldn't wipe her hands on them. She used the other side.

The Wife also brought a set that had a St. Patrick dude driving a car that was full of snakes. The snakes are making those classic traveling comments like "I need to pee," "I'm hungry," "Are we there yet," and "He's touching me." The bottom of the napkin said "Saint Patrick regrets his decision to drive the snakes out of Ireland." It was a fun breakfast and did not once include a "finish your food" directive.

I once worked with a visiting employee from the UK. She was amazed with our parade, green-wearing folks and festivities. She was even more fascinated that Hallmark had rows and rows of St. Pat's cards. "Americans are silly," she told me.

Yes, we are. Hope you had a great St. Patrick's Day.

4 Comments:

At March 19, 2007 2:06 AM, Blogger Meg said...

I am mildly concerned nothing was orange.

 
At March 19, 2007 8:56 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

green eggs - where was the ham?

 
At March 19, 2007 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sure are a nice uncle...and an enthusiastic one at that!! Sounds like you had lots of fun.

 
At March 19, 2007 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I held back on the orange, that's for sure.

I thought about ham, but the Dad and Mom said the girls were more likely to eat some bacon.

It likely would be different if I had to do it every day. It's easy to be enthusiastic when it's just every now and then. Then again, it's probably my nature too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home