Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Another Week In Review

Easter Sunday-Watched "Rocky Balboa" and "Little Miss Sunshine," liked them both. Ran some errands, ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant.

Monday - Typical busy Monday at work. Met a friend to help draft some correspondence.

Tuesday - 8 a.m. meeting at one office, rushed to 10:30 meeting at my office, discovered it was being cancelled. Worked on trying to get caught up, answer all the various questions. About 1ish left work. Talked to JAG from Dallas while on the road. It was pouring down rain. Arrived at airport at 2:01 for 2:30 flight, which ended up being delayed until about 3:15. Flew Southwest to Tulsa.

The niece, Ton, picked me up about 4:25. We trekked through a light rain to Stillwater for a student honors banquet. Ton received scholarships. She's an A-student, finance major in the business college. I'm a very proud uncle. Loved being on campus on a "school night" as opposed to a game day.

Wednesday - Arrived at the airport about 8 a.m. Caught 8:50 Southwest flight back to KC. Arrived in Blue Springs for an 11 a.m. meeting that lasted until after 2. Included a great lunch. Much was covered/accomplished in the meeting. Afterward, went to my office and worked. Left 6:30ish to snag MMB for a Sweet Tomatoes run. Created a Mount Hood-looking salad. Skipped dessert.

After a quick Hyvee grocery stop, ran back to her abode in order to see Sanjaya survive another week. Followed that with channel surfing and watching some of the 9 p.m. Oprah repeat. The topic was on being happy. MMB took the online test at oprah.com. She discovered she's very satisfied.

Thursday - Worked in my office in the morning. Zoomed downtown for a 1 p.m. meeting with a dude from "the other company." We worked until 4:45. Then I caught up/wrapped up other matters. Next ran out to 75th Street for a "happy hour" gathering with ShaVar and friends. Had a great time. Home in time for tv watching and getting things done. Called Tag's husband to check on her. She had surgery Thursday morning. Exchanged lots of e-mails with friends.

Friday - Spent the morning working from home, but kept getting phone calls from co-workers. 1 p.m. meeting at the downtown office, followed by a 2:15 meeting. It ended about 4. Then I hung out with a co-worker. There was some gossiping, I admit, until I saw that the clock said 4:45. Dashed back to the original conference room I was holed up in and worked until 6ish. Drove around and then enjoyed a quiet dinner.

Saturday - After snow in some areas of the metro, the day appeared sunny and almost nice. First nice day in quite some time. Met a friend at Waffle House for breakfast. Picked up MMB's eight-layer birthday cake at Succotash and ran other errands, including birthday candle purchasing and bird seed buying. Important tasks. Worked outside and inside.

8:30ish arrived at MMB's birthday party. She's 30. Had a fantastic time. Pooped out shortly after midnight.

Sunday - Caught my regular Sunday shows. Some dude named Imus provided lots of heated debate. Plus, recent Kansas City elections made for some interesting discussions. Spent $122 at the grocery store. Accomplished much at home, both personal and work.

By the way, will be doing a work/life balance thing/workshop at work. That is the reason for the chronology of the last two weeks.


At April 17, 2007 9:50 AM, Anonymous Sexy Lady said...

You are the busiest person I know!! The workshop sounds wonderful... do share some tips once you have been fully educated!!

P.S. Loved the Happiness episode on Oprah!! Happy Birthday MMB!!

At April 17, 2007 10:47 AM, Blogger The Meezers said...

wow - you are busy!! sounds like that workshop might be a good thing for you. Do you actually sleep? :-) Don't get to being rundown now Cowboy! - Meezer Mom Mary

At April 17, 2007 6:03 PM, Blogger Parker said...

MMM, Succotash! I miss having lunch there since I've been in the lovely state of O Hi O for 10 days! :( Parker's Mom

At April 19, 2007 9:29 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

From the work/life balance, I learned that integrating is an important part of balancing, that sleeping is important (although I think it is over-rated), that balance does not necessarily mean everything is "even," and that the balance could very well shift from week-to-week or according to life's circumstances. It was an interesting program.

Hope you're having a good time in Ohio, Parker's Mom.


Post a Comment

<< Home