Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Week In Review

Not going to say it was a rough week, but at times it was somewhat tough. Had a hard time sleeping many nights. One night a thunderstorm kept me from a peaceful slumber.

Also think the migration from the over 80 degrees on Monday to the freezing temperatures by week's end creates some sort of seasonal confusion. I wonder if that can be diagnosed, with medication to aid in recovery. Hmmm? Combine that with the earlier-than-normal Daylight Savings Time. I am more dysfunctional than normal.

Sunday - After a late lunch at Grinder's, spent a great deal of Sunday afternoon at Paper Source with Sexy Lady working on wedding program ideas. The process took longer than she anticipated, but it was well worth the effort. A great final product was selected. We were proud with our work. That called for treating ourselves to Mi Cocina. Of course, a mambo limo for Cowboy!

Monday - The typically long line at the Post Office disrupted my lunch schedule and created a degree of irritation, but soon got over it. The workday was busy! The evening's highlights: Mowed and edged the front yard, missed Dancing with the Stars, :( and watched the NCAA Championship game while reviewing work documents.

Wished it was a closer game, but it was fun to watch. Fan or not, it was nice when the tv camera caught that Noah guy running through the crowd to find his family. His father seems like a character. The Royals won the opener over the Red Sox. Top of the standings! A rarity.

Tuesday - Lack of sleep is leaving me a little emotional when I think about personal stuff. Worked at staying focused on work. For dinner, went with a friend to the Flea for 2-4-1 Mini Market Burgers. It was chess night, which brings out an interesting crew.

Wednesday - Chapman turns three. Hope he likes the stuff I mailed on Monday. Being a cowboy in progress, he likes westerns. I sent some John Wayne dvds and "The Slant Book." One of my faves. Today also is the anniversary of my father's death. Stayed up until wee hours working on a variety of tasks - personal and work.

Thursday - 8 a.m. meeting at the United Way. It was downtown, which meant I got to enjoy that traffic. It was a good meeting. As my company evolves, a potential new boss chairs this United Way committee. It makes our interaction a little different than what it was a few months ago.

Ran to Supercuts to get the do done before going to the downtown office for a meeting, lunch, followed by another meeting and then work stuff. Met Sexy Lady after work at Paper Source to finalize wedding program purchases. She was pleasantly surprised to have the rough draft project. And it appeared that she loved it.

I left her with friends at reverse as I dashed home to catch Thursday night tv only to discover repeat episodes. That promptly led to inadvertent snoozing on the sofa. That space heater makes things extra cozy. When I awoke about 10:30, logged on to check e-mails. Received a note from a 4-H friend, let's call her Tag, living in the OKC area. She has been diagnosed with breast cancer. It was a very heavy-hearted message. I know her husband and four sons need our prayers.

Friday - A 9 a.m. conference call meeting was interrrupted by my cell phone vibrating with calls from Sexy Lady (updating me that Army Boy likes the draft wedding program) and later by VMc. He was calling about my upcoming Oklahoma trip and to let me know that he discovered a great breakfast place in Oklahoma City. You know you're living the perfect life when a best friend calls about a breakfast place. :)

Next up was an 11:30 a.m. lunch meeting in Blue Springs with the Bi-County United Way. Four of the Kansas City area United Ways (not Wyandotte County's) are voting on merging. It makes for interesting meetings, but I think it could be good in the long run. There were only two dissenting votes at the meeting. Made me wonder who the other was. Speaking of mergers ... let's just save the topic for another day.

A long and hearty telephone conference with D.C. counsel filled the afternoon. Despite his $500-plus an hour rates, he provided much-needed comfort regarding our plan to tackle approaching deadlines and tasks. After wrapping up other stuff and printing documents to read at home, it was nice to dash out of the office knowing the sofa was in the horizon.

Saturday - Noticed that the hostas are frozen, the orange tiger lillies are falling over dead, and other spring-blooming plants are struggling. Even the new leaves on the tree are curling. The last four nights of below-freezing temperatures are taking their toll. I'm going to miss seeing many of those blooms.

Met MMB at Succotash for a late breakfast. She freaked on the cotton-ball bunny Easter card I made her. Then we chowed down some tasty food from the newly expanded kitchen. I got a nutty tartlette to go and then it was off to the races! We tackled a long list.

Among the tasks completed, I got some new hardware (nobs and pulls) for my bathroom and some little Easter bunny plates at Pryde's. Saw SAK's brother and wife there getting some lemon meringue pies. Made me wish I was invited to Easter dinner. MMB was kind to me and let me listen to my Rodney Atkins cd while we tooled around. It's a great disc. Even sent one to RMc for her birthday.

After MMB dumped me, I stopped at the Antique Mall. Shortly, MMB called to let me know what I forgot in her car, which meant a jaunt to her place to retrieve it all. However, while driving there, I wondered if it was just a ploy since earlier in the day she saw me enter my PIN number while making purchases at Home Depot. Happy to report I left her place safely and snagged her two Blockbuster movies. Hope I return them and she doesn't have to make Blockbuster purchases.

Saturday evening was enjoyed at home. Completed a few home projects (including installing the new hardware), thought about work, tried to watch one of the movies but fell asleep, and just relaxed. Very nice.

Sunday - Watching movies, catching up on blogs and e-mails.

2 Comments:

At April 08, 2007 10:06 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Sounds like you're in a state of flux. I bet a cat could help. :-)

(But probably not with your flowers and stuff--the cold has gotten a lot of flowers everywhere with this strange weather. Oh, and gas is 2.75 in our area.)

 
At April 09, 2007 11:11 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

heeheehee William - we fought the same fing, if you had a 'poodin, you wouldn't hav to werk when you is home at night. We is furry sorry about your furriend who has cancer - we will say a purrayer for her. And we hopes that you hadded some good memories of your dad on his anniversary date.
Mommy was kind of glad the Royals winned - she is a Red Sox fan, but she always wanted to marry George Brett when she was a young girl bean. Plus, she hates the Yankees, so rooting for their rivals makes her happy. She's just weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home