Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Travelin, Travelin, Travelin Through














Charlie and Daphne are traveling monsters. They hit the road with me on Sunday. In the pics here they are lounging in the back seat as we zoom down the highway.

By the way, I wasn't going to post this because I didn't tell MMcB's mom, Charlie's human, what was on our day's agenda. Thus, I don't want MMcB to know. However, I don't think she reads "Wild Life" as much as she glances to see any pictures. That's my bet. :)

We hit 71 Highway noonish or so, after a quick run through a McDonald's drive through for some road treats, for a dart to Oklahoma. We got there around 4:30.

We took a stroll through some of the streets of Collinsville and decided that little town would better be named Dogville. There had to be 100 barking monsters in various yards and porches. It was almost creepy. I wondered if the vets there were living in mansions. The business possibilities are limitless.

We grabbed the Mom and started on the trip back to KC. We stopped in Joplin and visited the Grandpa's grave, placing a few flowers and a U.S. flag. We also made a Braum's stop, which included some tasty, tasty burgers for the traveling monsters and a mocha, mocha something malt for me and the Mom. We were back in KC and running around in the yard around 11. There was lots of rain on the southern-bound trip, but it was smooth sailing when northern bound.

Daphne and Charlie slept mostly, but did spend their share peering out windows, barking at toll both operators, walking through a cemetery, eating treats and just being great companions. It's all in the day's work of monsters, an OK dog uncle and halfway decent son, and a Mom.

2 Comments:

At May 29, 2007 9:49 PM, Blogger Meg said...

1. This is such a DD thing to do. I am absolutely dying. I can just imagine your delight about pulling off this caper. 2. I read at least twice a week. And I do read. Thank you very much. : )

 
At May 30, 2007 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I even buried this post thinking you wouldn't scroll that far down.

Just when a dude thinks he has you figured out, you go and surprise him.

btw, it's Cowboy here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home