Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Working 8 To 4

The goal is to work 9 to 6. It usually ends up being closer to 6:30 or 7. And the start time is more 9ish. I can do earlier. It's just not a preference. Over the last 15 years of employment I have learned that even if I arrive at 6 a.m., I'm still there at 6 p.m. Controlling the start time became the workable option.

Speaking of start times. Recently had to go on a work trip and was told we were leaving at 8:15 a.m. from the parking garage. At 8:10 one person predicted I'd arrive at 8:14. Like magic, I pulled up with about 20 seconds to spare. I hate being predictable, but so it is.

Generally I wake early, have coffee, sit outside on the deck, watch birds and the sun rise, listen to NPR, watch a bit of GMA, sometimes walk a dog if babysitting, log in to work a bit from home, and then start the beauty routine that transforms me to all that I must present at the office.

Recently learned that it is now suggested that we hold our steeering wheels while driving at more of a 9 and 3 position or even an 8 and 4. For a variety of reasons, the 10 and 2 position is no longer recommended.

Pay attention to this. I want all you driving cats out there staying safe on the highways. No longer driving like Toonces with your paws at the top of the steering wheel. Got to grab it lower.

I often worry that a future employer may suggest some different times to me. I'll worry about adjusting if and when that day comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home