Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Blown Away

My Bradford Pear tree is in shambles. A wind storm swept through Kansas City on June 7 and ripped the tree apart. Only about a third of it is left standing.

Mom saw it and insisted it had to have been hit by lightning. What does she know, though? I'm sure it was wind. Those Bradfords grow limbs so interweaved and tight. From what I understand, strong winds just can't blow through them.

My neighbor across the street is of Asian descent. He doesn't speak English well, if at all. He tells me his name is Jimmy. While getting mail or working on lawns we wave and smile. Last summer I noticed the small cherry-like tree in his front yard was missing. I asked "What happed to your tree?" He responded, "Tornado!"

Maybe I'll adopt his story as my own.

1 Comments:

At June 19, 2007 8:49 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Tornado is always a good answer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home