Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Partying With The SAK

SAK hosted a Harry Potter party last Wednesday. She has hosted a party on the movie premiere day for each of the Potter movies. She always decks out the whole home and this year was no exception.

Each room had a different theme or task. There even was a pupil fortune reader, candy store, butter beer station, and the dining room had a Potter quiz and an opportunity to make your guess on what would happen in book 7. Because all good finales include a wedding, my prediction was that Harry would marry. I haven't read the book -- was I right?

I manned the temporary tattoo booth in the living room. That meant carefully placing lightning bolt tats on the foreheads of many children and a few adults. There also were several forearms and a few calves involved. It was fun.

I skipped out on the movie, though. SAK reports it is good and she wants to go see again. So, I should still have an opportunity. My day at the job had been long, plus the "check engine" light was coming on. Instead, met up with Joy later that evening and she followed me to the mechanic to drop off the PT.

Because I am writing this post much after the fact, I already know that Harry worked no magic. Although the car was fixed and it is back to running like new, it still was another $850 that seem to vanish just like that. If only good (me, the driver who never wants his car to break down) would really prevail over evil (the dealer mechanic who fixes my car wonderfully, but refuses to repair it for free). Curses.

2 Comments:

At July 23, 2007 11:40 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

$850 for the check engine light? was is flashing? usually it's just the gas cap being loose (yes, it happens to my trusty Dakota at least once a month). Yikes Cowboy!! - Meezer Mom

 
At July 24, 2007 12:04 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

It was overheating. A problem with the fan engine. The fan wasn't running at all. Plus, I got new plugs and wires. It was time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home