Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Whether Or Not

Regardless if you liked her, hated her, agreed or disagreed with her, it was a historical moment when President Ronald Reagan nominated Sandra Day O'Connor to the U.S. Supreme Court. He nominated her, an Arizona judge, on July 7, 1981 and she later became the first female justice on the U.S. Supreme Court.

Considering she only in the last year or so retired from the court, I guess 07/07/81 was a fairly lucky day for her. I hope 07/07/07 is for all those that planned to do something special on that day.

I may have mentioned before how fascinating I think the current U.S. Presidential race might be. With the current "media-dubbed" top contenders being a woman, a Mormon, an African-American, and a thrice-divorced, gay-friendly, abortion unclear Republican, it also could be pretty historical. We still have more than a year to go. No telling what might happen between now and then.

On a somewhat related note, a study, actually a "Rasmussen Poll" indicated that 78 percent of Republicans and 55 percent of Democrats said that "faith" was an important consideration to them when voting for president. However, 65 percent of Republicans said they would not vote for a Mormon. The same article that cited this Rasmussen Poll also noted that a recent "Pew Survey" determined that 85 percent of Mormons that voted in the last presidential election voted for President Bush.

When I completed an exit interview after the last presidential race, I pointed out that my decision was heavily influenced on moral reasons.

That reminds me ... I don't think I ever posted a few pics from my Salt Lake City visit. I'll do that next.

3 Comments:

At July 09, 2007 5:45 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

isn't it amazing that most of the Republicans that would not vote for a Mormon stated that it was because, among other things, they belived in bigamy. It's also interesting that Mitt Romney is the only top running Republican that has only ever been married to one woman. - Mary

 
At August 02, 2007 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering what seven years of this administration has done to our country, I wonder how those mormans feel now. (And all along I thought it was sublimal messages in country music that got Dubya re-elected. Hah!)

 
At August 07, 2007 12:16 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

That's funny that you thought it was country music! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home